mail web interface (1 Viewer)

Would you like to have a mail web interface for all your e-mail boxes?

• yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • doesn't matter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

olchik

HSC
Would you like to have a mail web interface for all your e-mail boxes?
I mean one interface for all your different mail boxes. So you don't need to build such programs as Outlook or The bat if you are not at home and want to check your e-mail. Discuss, please

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I don't quite get you :s I use outlook express for all my e-mailing at home.

It checks my hot, yahoo & uni mails att at once. Beats going on a web browser and looking up each one.

fatmuscle

HSC
use Outlook :)
i find it a lot better than OE.

but then again, I sync my emails, appointments, contacts to my phone

olchik

HSC
AntiHyper said:
I don't quite get you :s I use outlook express for all my e-mailing at home.

It checks my hot, yahoo & uni mails att at once. Beats going on a web browser and looking up each one.
But if you are not at home and you need to check you e-mail? I think it would be easier to use some web interface to check all your mail at once!

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
olchik said:
But if you are not at home and you need to check you e-mail? I think it would be easier to use some web interface to check all your mail at once!
Maybe- the concept is interesting, but if you were really keen on accessing mail, you'd have your laptop with you with a wireless or hardwire connection. The privacy issues concern me a bit, as to who would be indexing all my mail.

But yes, concept good, practicality probably unlikely to break into a market swarmed with things like gmail etc.

sunny

meh.
HSC
IMAP + Web interface / Outlook / Thunderbird = teh w1n.

HSC
Not really digging the idea, web interfaces just aren't really as rich an experience as an actual mail client. The way they emulate the functionality has come a long way of course, but it's still not quite good enough.

I've just got all stuff set up under thunderbird and have my laptop with me pretty much wherever I am, so it's not really an issue. I also quite like the fact that with a laptop and my mail all stored and accessed locally, it's all available for reference whenever I want, regardless of connectivity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)