Main Areas of Marketing (1 Viewer)

rachelalyce01

HSC
Hello,

I'm having trouble with one of the questions in my Marketing Assessment Task.

We were told all the answers were on the sheet we were given, but I'm unsure about an answer for one of them.

The question is: Define the term 'marketing' and discuss the main areas of marketing.

I have no problem defining marketing, I'm having problems with the main areas of marketing.

The sheet says:
"The Marketing Process involves a number of areas such as the following:
  • Identification of needs and wants;
  • The development of products and services to satisfy needs and wants;
  • The promotion and advertising of products and services;
  • The exchange of products and services for money in markets; and
  • The ongoing relationship between buyers and sellers in markets.

However, I thought the main areas of marketing were the 4P's - Product, Price, Promotion and Place - the marketing mix.

Those dot points seem to kind of talk about the marketing mix, so should I just write the points and incorporate the marketing mix in my discussion of the points, or would that be wasting my time?

Thanks in advanced.

This seems like such a silly question...

michael1990

HSC
I agree.

If you read the definitions for the Marketing Mix, you can relate each of those definitions (Price, Promotion, Product and Placement) to the dot points you were supplied. The question is a little vague i would suggest going back to your teacher with a few ideas (ideas on which direction to go with) and see which one he/she says is correct.

Will save you time, because you won't be putting in information which is not needed.

HSC
Identification of needs, gathering information etc is an important part of marketing too, don't just think it's the 5 Ps (positioning should really be on its own). Of course the marketing mix is a major part of it but you're taking a narrow view if you think that's the only responsibility of marketing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)