Main Round and Second Round (1 Viewer)

Rickbrah

HSC
If i was too accept my main round offer and choose my units and everything for that course. Then lets say i get a better second round offer. Even though ive accepted and chosen my units, would i still be able to take my second round offer?

shuttle_bus5

HSC
If you accept your offer in the main round, you don't get an offer in any subsequent rounds.

trevhk

HSC
N/A
No, you are still eligible for offers in the second round, as long as the course you are attempting to get into is first or second on your preferences list, assuming that the course you may have gotten into was 3rd on your list. So, just make sure that the uni you want is above the uni that you got an offer from. I called the UAC about this and as long as you don't enrol, you are still eligible. Hope this helps!

Without Wings

Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
If you accept your offer in the main round, you don't get an offer in any subsequent rounds.
That is not correct. Accepting your offer in the main round doesn't stop you from being considered in subsequent offer rounds unless it is your first preference. Please note thought that if you receive an offer to your first course preference in one offer round you will not be considered for your lower course preferences in subsequent offer rounds unless you change your course preferences .

UAC said:
Can I receive more than one offer?
You could receive an offer in more than one round. If you do, you can choose which offer to accept. If you receive an offer in one round and accept it, and then receive an offer in a later round, you can choose either to:

keep your previous offer and not accept your new offer or
withdraw from your previous offer and accept your new offer.
You can only receive one offer to a Commonwealth-supported course in each offer round. Not all institutions make offers in the October, November, December and Early January Rounds.

The majority of offers are made in the Main Round. Institutions only make offers in the Early February and Final rounds if there are vacancies.
UAC said:
Should I accept my offer? I might receive another offer in the next round.
If you receive an offer in one round, don't assume that you will receive another offer in a subsequent round. If you don't accept your offer and you don't receive an offer in a subsequent round, you may miss out on tertiary study in 2010.

Accepting an offer does not stop you from being considered in subsequent offer rounds unless it is your first preference. You must accept your offer by the date indicated in your offer material otherwise you may lose your offer.
Offers - UAC undergraduate FAQs

UAC said:
Do I need to change my course preferences between offer rounds?
No, not unless you have changed your mind about what you wish to study. If you receive an offer to your first course preference in one offer round you will not be considered for your lower course preferences in subsequent offer rounds unless you change your course preferences .
http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/faq/change-preference.shtml

Last edited:

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC
If I accept the first round offer, get offered a better second round offer, does this get changed on my HECS application?

MailMofo

HSC
If I accept the first round offer, get offered a better second round offer, does this get changed on my HECS application?
Your first application gets canceled when you accept your second offer, and you just repeat the HECS process over again.

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC
Your first application gets canceled when you accept your second offer, and you just repeat the HECS process over again.
Do you get prompted to do that or do you have to do it manually?

jooyang91

HSC
Just out of curiosity,, Does the required ATAR or cut off asked, rise or fall in the later rounds if the institution indicates it has vacancies in the main round??

MrDimple

HSC
i received an offer as my first preference, i have already accepted it but then i think it's not what i wanna persuit. If i change my first preference with my 3rd preference, and make my first preference my last for early/late feb rounds am i still considered for these rounds ?

spence

HSC
Just out of curiosity,, Does the required ATAR or cut off asked, rise or fall in the later rounds if the institution indicates it has vacancies in the main round??

It depends. If lots of people with high ATARs apply, then it will go up, although if only people with lower ATARs apply, it will go down

uac.aplcnt

HSC
The main second round is the early february round (Use to be called the Late round)..because obviously the first main round IS the main round since most offers are made in that round..

Also..when I was trying to do my preferences again for the late round or EFR..I ran out of time to do it - its just not like the main round where you get more time is it?

Seriously..Did anybody else sort of wanted to change something but couldn't for the early february round?

trevhk

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,
seeing that there has been a lot of helpful comments posted in this thread, I thought I might just ask a similar question. However, instead of accepting the offer, if I enrol for a course at another university than the one I desire to go to, will I not be eligible for second round offers? Even though I have enrolled into a course that is my third preference?

uac.aplcnt

HSC
No, you will still be allowed to enrol in your top preferences even if you enrolled already for your main round offer..you just need to withdraw from the first one and enrol in the EFR offer one or final if you get one..

Also, did anybody else sort of wanted to change something but couldn't for the early february round because they ran out of freakin time?! :argue:

MailMofo

HSC
No, you will still be allowed to enrol in your top preferences even if you enrolled already for your main round offer..you just need to withdraw from the first one and enrol in the EFR offer one or final if you get one..

Also, did anybody else sort of wanted to change something but couldn't for the early february round because they ran out of freakin time?! :argue:
No.

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Yeah its right..you can withdraw and then enrol in a new course, unless you referred to my last question then good for you..because I ran out of time -__-..ugh

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Anyhow..whats done is done..I cant change my preferences..UGH..

Offers are released in 2 hours anyways for this year (Late round/EF round)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)