main round/late round offers (1 Viewer)

s.m.i.t.h

HSC
how do i get considered for a late round offer? do i have to apply again or is it automatic process?
and to be considered for a late round offer do i have to give up my main round offer and possibly be left with no offer in the end at all?

zkuld

newblet
HSC
edit: sorry, I was wrong.

2. Should I accept my offer? I might receive another offer in the next round.
If you receive an offer in one round, dont assume that you will receive another offer in a subsequent round. If you don't accept your offer and you don't receive an offer in a subsequent round, you may miss out on being able to study at a tertiary institution in 2005.

Accepting an offer does not stop you from being considered in subsequent offer rounds unless it is your first preference

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Accept your main round offer, but I'm pretty sure you'll still be considered inthe later rounds if your 1swt preference is above your offer when late round offers close. But ask Laz, I'm not too sure...,

hatty

Banned
to be safe, just accept ur main round offer

then rearrange ur preferences again by putting the course u want at the top, etc.

if u get the offer u want in the late round, then accept it and reject ur main round offer, otherwise u can just keep the main round offer.

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
yeh u can accept ur main round offer and still receive a late round offer unless the main round offer was ur first preference.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
2 b safe, accept ur main round offer n then rearrange ur prefs....if ur main round order is not ur first pref.....

hatty

Banned
from what i hear, u can recieve 2 offers, but u can only accept one.

so if our friend here accepts his main round offer, and decides to change his prefs around for the late offers, he might be able to get a late offer, but he has to reject the first one.

zkuld

newblet
HSC
From what I just read, this is my interpretation:

If you receive a 1st preference offer in the main round, you may accept it. But to be considered for the late round, you must change that 1st preference to something else. If you did not receive a 1st preference offer for the main round, you may leave it at that and it will automatically assume it (1st preference) for the late round. If you don't receive a main round offer, you automatically get put into the late round.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Clarifications:

You can receive at most one HECS offer and one FEE offer per round.

You are automatically considered for each of your preferences in every round, irrespective of whether you have already received an offer or changed your preferences since the last round.

Once you have your preferences in the desired order, you don't need to do anything else to be considered in future rounds.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
In the main round you can get offered both a HECS and a fee paying course... and if you accept/dont accept these offer/s you can still get another offer in the late round.. so really ... u can get 3 offers :p

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
you can get an offer in the later rounds, but doesn't mean you will.....

you will only get an offer if there are vacancies in the course and you meet the entry requirements.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
jlh said:
you can get an offer in the later rounds, but doesn't mean you will.....

you will only get an offer if there are vacancies in the course and you meet the entry requirements.
yeah .

victor..cleaner

cleaner
HSC
yo.

as of today, my top two preferences stand as follows

1) new media arts (ANU)
2) arts (ANU)

in light of recent fuckups (my fault), i only want to get the 2nd preference, as it allows me to defer goin to uni.

tomorrow i am guessing that i will be offered pref1: new media arts....but if i decline, i may not get pref2: arts in the late round.

can anyone give me a little advice?

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
victor..cleaner said:
yo.

as of today, my top two preferences stand as follows

1) new media arts (ANU)
2) arts (ANU)

in light of recent fuckups (my fault), i only want to get the 2nd preference, as it allows me to defer goin to uni.

tomorrow i am guessing that i will be offered pref1: new media arts....but if i decline, i may not get pref2: arts in the late round.

can anyone give me a little advice?

you could get a late round offer but the chances are less and it's a big risk.. i would just pray that u get your second preference in the main round :(

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
oh and don't forget to accept your main round offer.... you don't want to end up without a uni spot in 2005 completely....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)