Maintaining a balance marathon! (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
how do we know if we're providing enough / the relevant points for each question? :/

Some people cannot secrete aldosterone. Outline how this condition may be treated. (1 mark).
*Cough* Dylanamali *Cough* XD I think he would know but I think we can help each other out :) Alkanes, there's Jenny's question.

Alkanes

HSC
Yea sure i'll actually post when i revise this topic haha. Havn't touched it for 2 months xD.

And umm if i can remember deficiency of aldosterone can be treated with the use of hormone replacement therapy.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Yea sure i'll actually post when i revise this topic haha. Havn't touched it for 2 months xD.

And umm if i can remember deficiency of aldosterone can be treated with the use of hormone replacement therapy.
what does hormone replacement therapy involve?

Alkanes

HSC
Involves giving patients a synthetic hormone such as fludrocortisone. It works by replacing the absent hormones in the body (aldosterone) and decreasing the amount of sodium that is lost during excretion by causing the kidneys to reabsorb sodium levels.

Bit too much for a 1 marker don't you think haha?

Aysce

HSC
OH CRAP FORGOT TO DO NOTES ON THAT AND RENAL DIALYSIS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU------

jnney

lemon
HSC
Involves giving patients a synthetic hormone such as fludrocortisone. It works by replacing the absent hormones in the body (aldosterone) and decreasing the amount of sodium that is lost during excretion by causing the kidneys to reabsorb sodium levels.

Bit too much for a 1 marker don't you think haha?
just to be pedantic. :p maybe also say it's a pill?

In your biology course you analysed and presented information from secondary sources to report on progress in the production of artificial blood.

Outline how you analysed the secondary information used for this report [2marks]
[ii] identify one type of artificial blood being researched and describe its role [2 marks]
[iii] describe one problem associated with the use of artificial blood [ 2marks]

Alkanes

HSC
Outline methods used by estuarine plants to maintain appropriate internal salt concentration. (2 marks)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
just to be pedantic. :p maybe also say it's a pill?

In your biology course you analysed and presented information from secondary sources to report on progress in the production of artificial blood.

Outline how you analysed the secondary information used for this report [2marks]
[ii] identify one type of artificial blood being researched and describe its role [2 marks]
[iii] describe one problem associated with the use of artificial blood [ 2marks]

Doing this off the top of my head so just bs-ing this.
i) Information was obtained from textbooks and various online sources. The information from each source was compared and contrasted and diagrams of the production of artificial blood were included to build an accurate picture of current production of artificial blood.
ii) Hemopure is a type of artifical blood being researched. Its role is to supply oxygen-rich blood, especially during emergencies and major distasters.
iii) A problem associated with using artificial blood is often a decrease in blood pressure. A decrease in blood pressure can lead to dizziness, fainting, and lead to other more serious conditions including heart problems.

Any suggestions for improvements are greatly appreciated! :)

Next question:
a) Define the term enantiostasis (1 mark)
b) Outline methods used by estuarine plants to maintain appropriate internal salt concentration (2 marks)

Last edited:

sc8

HSC
do u know where i can find trial past papers for maintaining a balance and blueprint of life and etc..........

sc8

HSC
does anyone know where i can find biology trial past papers???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)