Maintaining a Balance (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I don't really know how to approach this dot point on maintaining a blance. can someone help?

Outline, using simple model, the process by which DNA controls the production of polypeptides.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
I don't really know how to approach this dot point on maintaining a blance. can someone help?

Outline, using simple model, the process by which DNA controls the production of polypeptides.

this is a dot point from blueprint of life and not maintaining a balance!!!!:p

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
ok fine! BLUEPRINT OF LIFE then! :eek: :p

Help!

Halo

HSC
N/A
A DNA's triplet (a sequence of 3 nucleotides) codes for one mRNA's codon (a sequence of 3 complementary necleotides on the mRNA strand), which in turn codes for an amino acid by attracting an anti-codon at the ribosome. Many amino acids, coded from the triplets, are then linked together via polypeptide bonds to form a polypeptide chain.

As you can see, it is the DNA (it's triplet) that controls what polypeptide is being made. As for the model... figure it out yourself :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
uhm i fink i has to do wif rna's.....

1) dna unzips, mrna transcribes it into rna language (basically u instead of t)
2) trna get da info out of nucleous and transfer it into ribosome
3) in robosome, rrna (which has one end attached to a specific amino acid) attach to the trna, and the polypeptide of amino acid start buildin.....

we watched a very inovative and comprehensive video on it... if u 'd watch dat video, i bet u understand it fully.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)