• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Major in Information System (1 Viewer)

Empath

HSC
I'm doing a bachelor of Computer Science and Technologu and i'm hoping to major in Information System, but looking at the online handbook it says that ARIN1000 is a core unit..

ARIN1000
Digital Communication and Culture 6 credit pts

Available to students enrolled in the BA (Digital Technology and Culture) and BA.

It means that in addition to the people who are normally allowed to enroll in this unit, students in BA (digital tech and culture) and BA can enroll in it too right?

viviena

rawr.
HSC
Empath said:
It means that in addition to the people who are normally allowed to enroll in this unit, students in BA (digital tech and culture) and BA can enroll in it too right?
Not 'too'. BA DTC/BAI students normally enrol in this UoS (being a core unit for those degrees), and it falls under the Arts Faculty's Digital Cultures Program (Arts Informatics). When I did it (and it was called History and Theory of Informatics), students from various IT degrees could also enrol in it. It looks like since the name change, BA students can enrol now as well.

Winston

HSC
Viviena is right.

ARIN 1000 is a core units for Arts Informations kids which now is called digital something whatever.

If you're game you can also do a software major like i did.

A software and info major go well together, i liked it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)