major in pharmacology! (1 Viewer)

ontherun

HSC
can ny1 tel me the exact subject to be studied in b.science if u want 2 major in pharmacolgy?

tennille

HSC
you need biology in your junior year as well as chemistry. From memory, you need 6cp of each to do intermediate pharmocology. Then you need to do intermediate pharmacology to qualify to do senior pharmacology with probably chemistry and biology along side of it. I'm 99% about the junior year subjects, but not completely sure about the intermediate units of study.

nit

HSC
there are two pharmacology units of study in the intermediate year - i think each are now (as of this year) worth 6 cps each. So you do 6 cps of pharmacology per semester in the intermediate year, and then 12 cps per semester in senior year in order to major in it. I'm planning a pharamacology major in conjunction with chem and biochem majors.

Yeh, chem and bio are the basic prerequisites for intermediate level pharmacology.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
nit said:
there are two pharmacology units of study in the intermediate year - i think each are now (as of this year) worth 6 cps each. So you do 6 cps of pharmacology per semester in the intermediate year, and then 12 cps per semester in senior year in order to major in it. I'm planning a pharamacology major in conjunction with chem and biochem majors.

Yeh, chem and bio are the basic prerequisites for intermediate level pharmacology.
are you saying you're going to do 3 majors? that's like 72cp in 3rd year man (like 35hours a week, which isn't all too bad i guess, but it's a helluva lot of work, like a lot)

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
well good luck on your endeavours and i hope you'll find a cure for <insert something like arthritis, or other auto-immune disease>

EDITED- as original was coming across as insulting, but wasn't *looks at nit :)*

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)