Major issues with braces and the braces process (1 Viewer)

H S C

HSC
Okay so about 4 years ago I got braces, had them on for three years and everything was fine! But my wisdom teeth had started growing later on in the process.

As soon as I got my braces off i had a mouth guard-like thing that i had major trouble wearing because it prevented me from breathing through my mouth and as it is i already had trouble with my nose due to breaking it earlier and kinda half blocking my nostril airway...,plus i get a lot of colds (blocked noses)

now i specifically told my orthodontist that this was a problem for me but they basically told me not to breath and put it in............bad.

due to this my teeth mis alligned a bit..

anyway after that mouthguard thing i got my retainers but my wisdom had been growing more............and the way my teeth looks now........there's really no room to push the front crooked teeth back............so i have this horrible overbite thats at like a 45 degree angle from the top of my mouth.....but my orthodontist seems to think that this will be ok....like ok for ever......he told me to stop wearing the retainer 24/7 and now just at night time.......

recently i went to my dentist.......not ortho..........and he commented that it was weird with my teeth that i had not had my wisdom teeth removed....

before the whole braces process began...i had two teeth removed becayse my mouth was crowded........and now i have these two wisdom teeth that was twice as big and i think my mouth is overcroweded again...

i even notice some teeth are moving up because there's no room to move....

i think my orthodontist is planning to leave it like this becasuse ive already paid for everything..........

anyone else with a similar situation/i dunno what to do?

my mouth is a real mess and its getting worse........it's gettin hard to bite.....................i have this horrible overbite and essentially my teeth are wrose than ever..........and im about to start uni:(

help?

edit: they costed my parents over 5000 dollars...........im just afraid like if i need to get braces back on that it will be another 5000?

this wud be on top of the cost of extracting wisdom teeth and finally getting my nose cave fixed...which will be porbly more than 5k altogether...
my mums doesn work and father doesnt earn that much.........plus helping me thru uni.........i feel real bad.

also my orthodontist isnt real helpful...............he kinda shys away from questions like when i asked him if braces agin wud cost the same amount

i thought the hsc was stressful but this is worse:(

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well, I'm somewhat in the same situation as you (my bottom row of teeth are overcrowded), however, my orthodentist is quite helpful, he continues to file my teeth down everytime I see him (albeit every three months or so). Have you considered talking to your parents, or dentist? Perhaps they could call the orthodontist? They'd probably be more persuasive than you at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)