MAJOR PANIC!! coleridge poems (1 Viewer)

floode

HSC
major panic!!
with the two coleridge poems tht we have to write about, can we do the 2 conversational poems (lime tree and frost) rather than do one convo n one supernatural one (kubla n rime).
i did the 2 convo in the trials n got a fair decent mark, but i was jst reading over sum notes my teacher gave us n it said to do one of each, n i seriously cant do the supernatural ones, they are jst to bizarre for me!!
and now im confused!! is anyone else doing the 2 conversational poems??

Excalibre

HSC
floode said:
major panic!!
with the two coleridge poems tht we have to write about, can we do the 2 conversational poems (lime tree and frost) rather than do one convo n one supernatural one (kubla n rime).
i did the 2 convo in the trials n got a fair decent mark, but i was jst reading over sum notes my teacher gave us n it said to do one of each, n i seriously cant do the supernatural ones, they are jst to bizarre for me!!
and now im confused!! is anyone else doing the 2 conversational poems??
From what we were told, its fine to do either two conversational or a hybrid. However, I think they reward you more for choosing a bit of diversity.

HSC
i did both the supernatural in my trials and got decent marks, i am planning to use them in my hsc too.. but i was never told to do one of each.. we weren't taught that two were conversational and two were supernatural.. just to choose two, any two..

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Don't panic. You've obviously been studying Frost and Lime-Tree, so it's too late to try and memorise another one well enough for the exam.
Last year I did Frost and Lime-Tree, and I scored well. And unless they've changed the rules since last year, I don't think you're going to have a problem. The question usually goes something along the lines of Using 2 (two) Coleridge poems of your choice...
You'll be right. Let us know how you went. Good luck.

eb06

HSC
Can they ever specify which two poems you have to use? I saw this done in the Independant Schools Trial for Module B wiht Harwood; can they do the same for Coleridge? Like "Refer to Ancient Mariner and one conversation poem?"

Its freaking me out, because i've also just prepared the two conversation poems. Will they ever specify???

floode

HSC
oh thanks guys!!
i'l b able to sleep tonight knowing i hvent studied the wrong thing!!!
:)

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
I really havn't heard of it being done, and severely doubt that they'd ever do it.

y06jessica_r

HSC
mate you are fucked!! i was talkin to one of my connections at the markin board or wateva the hell its called... and this bloke, we shall call him mr x. well neway mr x sed that there is no way u can get full marks if u dont hav 1 conversational and 1 supernatural poem... better hurry up n learn another 1!

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
y06jessica_r said:
mate you are fucked!! i was talkin to one of my connections at the markin board or wateva the hell its called... and this bloke, we shall call him mr x. well neway mr x sed that there is no way u can get full marks if u dont hav 1 conversational and 1 supernatural poem... better hurry up n learn another 1!
bullshit.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
y06jessica_r said:
i would question your honesty / general intelligence when you spell "talking" as "talkin", "marking" as "markin", "whatever" as "wateva", "anyway" as "neway", "said" as "sed" and "have" as "hav"

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Born Dancer said:
i would question your honesty / general intelligence when you spell "talking" as "talkin", "marking" as "markin", "whatever" as "wateva", "anyway" as "neway", "said" as "sed" and "have" as "hav"
QFT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)