Major project: Does it pay off? (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Major projects are good because they spread out your learning over the year and also tend to make you learn things you otherwise wouldn't have bothered with.

You get them at uni, too. Except mine are half-fun. In year 12 I had to do an ATM (luckily it was in a fun language: c++). Now I'm doing the game breakout in Java in 1st year uni. :)

HSC
I made Hangman in Liberty Basic in around 3 nights and got decent marks... Pretty funny looking back on the whole thing, considering the program didn't even work properly.

JBakaka

HSC
wow some srsly bad teachers
damn danskies i thought i had a lot of documentation but railroad diagrams
wth?
with external marking, ive heard it actually is possible, i know someone from 2005 who got his externally marked because he knew hed get a better mark from external markers than internal
but i have to say i disagree with not typing up documentation (esp. logbook)
i did my project in VB6 (such an easy language to use and understand, i would recommend it to all 07ers) and so when i did my logbook, i used a whole lot of code dumps and screenshots etc to help fill up space and so i didnt have to do a whole lot of explanation. i got good marks for the logbook (ok im boasting but) so its a good method

as for all the organisation tips. yea definitely need to have time management - i was rushing to get all my documentation done. o with some of the documentation, be careful about writing it before completion because your project changes a heap lot from the proposal to the end (well mine did anyway) so try not to aim too high
and good luck whoevers doing sdd

Budweez

HSC
haha i made breakout in year 11 for fun, without ever showing my teacher

then i submitted it as my major work, did all the documentation in the last week

and scored: 94%

ooohh yeah =P

dunno04

HSC
Budweez said:
haha i made breakout in year 11 for fun, without ever showing my teacher

then i submitted it as my major work, did all the documentation in the last week

and scored: 94%

ooohh yeah =P
lol...WOw.
I've use one month prior to do it, and i've finish it one week before due date...
with some check from teacher.

ANd i still get second.

DAm....

maskd

HSC
Hahahahah I just found my major work for Sofware, I don't know if anyone has heard of it, but it's SUPPOSED to be a port of an oldschool game called JewelThief.... Suffice to say, I didn't finish it... because well, I couldn't be bothered, I got 90 for the assignment, I could have gone better if I tried, but meh it's ok....

http://mulquin.customer.netspace.net.au/JewelThief/JewelThief.html

Java applets, yay!

Tried it and it didn't work, ah well.. Fuck it...

dunno04

HSC
lol.
It didn't work, and u get 90. wow
That Means my teacher mark it really strict.

I did Snakes and ladders.

maskd

HSC
It worked when i showed it to him, you move around the yellow ball, while dodging the blue balls, which bounce off the screen (zomg algorithm) and collecting the red balls. you lose lives when you hit a blue ball or take your mouse off the black area.

And yeah my teacher wasn't that strict, he was easily impressed.

Source: http://mulquin.customer.netspace.net.au/JewelThief/source/

For anyone who wants it...... Haha this game is so crap, but then again I hate programming

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Ahahaha, reminiscing about software...

I did a Latin Computer Tutor on visual basic. Programming was a cinch - just some card matching games for vocabulary, and a verb game with Hangman, and a timed "pick the noun game"

I probably spent more time doing the frigging documentation. I had at least 60 pages of it. And then I made my manual look all pretty and stuff...My teacher gave me 100 for it because I wrote essays on how it was useful and ethical and blah.

I then donated the program (documentation and all) to my school's Classics Department, and they now use it with year 8 Latin students as a revision program...meh at least it's not rotting in a drawer I guess.

Ok there goes my forum ration for the week...cya soon everyone!

dunno04

HSC
maskd said:
It worked when i showed it to him, you move around the yellow ball, while dodging the blue balls, which bounce off the screen (zomg algorithm) and collecting the red balls. you lose lives when you hit a blue ball or take your mouse off the black area.

And yeah my teacher wasn't that strict, he was easily impressed.

Source: http://mulquin.customer.netspace.net.au/JewelThief/source/

For anyone who wants it...... Haha this game is so crap, but then again I hate programming
How could u hate programming in SDD?
IT is the best.
THat's what makes SDD INteresting!
=D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)