major project/visual basic (1 Viewer)

metal moses

HSC
for our major project we have to make an educational program in visual basic. my first thought was to create a quiz type game to test people on their maths (i know its boring but i thought while making it it would help me learn formulas and shit for 2-unit ).

im not to sure about how to do it though... if ya create heaps of screens and put them into an array and then randomely generate them????

if that is wrong or if there is an easier way any help would be greatly appreciated

plus im pretty fair shit at programming so thatll be a factor as well!!

cheers

Ekalb

HSC
I dropped this subject, turned out to be the best thing I ever did.

However, an array you say? Hmmm it would be good but only if your keen at writing heaps of code, plus you would have to have a shitload of diferent screens to differentiate between.

Ekalb

HSC
Sorry mate, I wouldnt really have a decent clue. Ill ask my mate tomorrow at school - he does it.

Jamoz

HSC
Heaps of code, My ass!... doing a simple maths game would probally take up no more than 20 mins of coding in VB not even 10 in AS (if you know what your doing) but i dont really Use VB as actrion scripting is probally the way to go for better results but alas you need VB try some tuts online and ask your teach about VB. i dont really use VB ill tell you when i get some info stay tuned

Sandchairs

Shoopin Da Woop
HSC
id offer to help/nearly do it all since it would be pretty easy for me, unfortunatly my major is taking too much time... aka i have over 5000 lines of code and its no where near done.

ideas would be:
store all the info in a text file. something like, Question:Answer
then (this is off memory) have 2 arrays, questions and answers
read in each line, store to a variable,
temp = variable.spilt(":")
questions(0) = temp(0)
answers(0) = temp(1)

then you could randomly get an element from the arrays for each question
not hard but i dont have enough time to do any actual examples

miche11e

HSC
i made a maths game for my yr 11 major...

btw how did it go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)