Major project (1 Viewer)

Mz Prettifull

HSC
does anyone have any idea wat to study???? and when have you started putting ur major project together??

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
are. you. serious.

its due in two months of course we're almost finished.

clairebear41

HSC
does anyone have any idea wat to study???? and when have you started putting ur major project together??
What do you mean?
Go onto HSC online and look at the syllabus thats what you study

I have finished my major work, i just have 1/2 of my theory left.

What are you up too?

Mone

HSC
if u have juz started, u are pretty screwed.

Mz Prettifull

HSC
well my teacher is no help and i haven't even started making the project yet. im still doing my experiments and for theory i haven't even got a clue wat to study.

elouise_xx

HSC
well my teacher is no help and i haven't even started making the project yet. im still doing my experiments and for theory i haven't even got a clue wat to study.
Hey, the biggest thing would be to not.freak.out! I must admit it is rather late to be starting, but the best thing you can do is be proactive and work independently towards getting your MTP done...

• First and foremost; download the syllabus. Within this you will find what you need to know about mark allocation and descriptions of each portfolio section and what to include.
  • Second; search the net! I came across several images of people's portfolio's via google and also lots of hints on websites like this
  • Thirdly; get going! I'm a huge fan of procrastination but with textiles you haven't really got a backup :O
And finally, good luck! I'm not much of a whiz myself at textiles but i try :)

Mz Prettifull

HSC
oh thanx! itz just dat ive started bitz at different timez. but thanx.

kateemily

HSC
just wondering, cos im not 100% sure on this, but how does the weighting work for textiles? do all your internal assessments only count for rank and not marks like normal theory subjects? cos otherwise the hsc would be worth 50%, MDP worth 50% and internal work worth 50%... so are internal assessments only used for rank?

evil_kitten

HSC
just wondering, cos im not 100% sure on this, but how does the weighting work for textiles? do all your internal assessments only count for rank and not marks like normal theory subjects? cos otherwise the hsc would be worth 50%, MDP worth 50% and internal work worth 50%... so are internal assessments only used for rank?
i'm pretty sure its like the stardard assessment weighting thing
but instead of the HSC mark being the exam, its 50% exam, 50% MTP

Gracc

HSC
hey,

in the experiments section of the supporting doc, does experimenting with 'materials' only refer to fabrics or other materials aswell... dumb question i know but im almost finished my portfolio and just checking if ive done everything right. :)

kateemily

HSC
hey,

in the experiments section of the supporting doc, does experimenting with 'materials' only refer to fabrics or other materials aswell... dumb question i know but im almost finished my portfolio and just checking if ive done everything right. :)
its any material you use. so i used tea bags and bark to dye so i counted that as materials. it can range from yarn, fabric, dye stuff, interfacing. its really anything that ends up on your actual piece

Gracc

HSC
ok, thanks heaps! thats what i thought i was just double checking because i did an experiment with my dyes and had it in the materials section so yea

kateemily

HSC
how does every1 feel after handing it in? thoughts on their mark? happy or not with the end product and folio? what did u make?

i felt nervous handing it in and it feels like ive spent a lifetime working on that thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)