Major Project (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Hey, im in year 11 at the moment.

I was just wondering what exactly this "Major Project" worth 40% or something is about.

Can someone tell me a little bit more about this major project?

Cos currently im doing pretty good in year 11 sdd im coming first in the grade, but im not sure if sdd is worth doing in year 12 coz ill be doing 13 units if i include it.

tieki

Well basically, it's just a software development...pick any program, and code it in any language over your time in year 12. I'm not sure of there are any restrictions as to what type of program to write - it might be a requirement to use arrays, for example, I'm not sure. Anyone else know about any requirements?

:)

del

HSC
N/A
yep your pretty much right tieki.

Take a look at 9.3 Developing A Solution Package of the SDD syllabus for the things your supposed to get out of the project

Most teachers set some requirements, such as use of arrays, and standard algorithms and file processing of some sort.

Winston

HSC
ask the current year 12's
if uno thats how the major project is like then
i'd say start making sumfing in the prelim period that way wen u reach yr 12 and get the assignment u just need to fix the code up or sumfing and just add the documentation
less stress
i've finished my major due in august now im free for that

Actuarial Boy
HSC
yeah im being a bit ambitious

im plannin to "try" to finish that whopping project by end of this yr or end of term 1 in year 12 just like u

so far im pretty gud at coding

im thinking of learning delphi since i "bought" it "overseas" in the holidays

tieki

Indeed you are being ambitious...I wouldn't recommend starting that early, but then again no harm in finishing things early...I always leave them 'til the last minute (literally, sometimes!)

We're restricted to Visual C++ 'cos that's what we're learning in class and that's what we bought through the school...if not Delphi, what will u code in? If C++, I can help, but other than that, no luck from me :)

Actuarial Boy
HSC
at least by end of this year i want to kno wot program ill be doing >=P

mmm if not delphi

i mite try out c#? ive been readin about it... seems similar to vb in a way except more complex

for now im just playing around with different langauges coz skool i dun learn ne vb coz teacher goes sooooo slow T.T

Actuarial Boy
HSC
the reason im not doin in vb iz becoz i dunno i want to stand out?

i kno that every1 else in the class is prolli doing vb for their major work

i dunno its a thing i tend to do in my skool work

(eg : adding pictures in my assignments + nice presentation = gud marks automatically :rofl: )

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Well i dunno if this will outrage some people but at our school you can do ANYTHING... yes i mean anything....

Persoanlly im doing FLASH... u may say... thats not really a language BUT im doing a hell of a lot of actionscripting its equivlent.

BUT some people are doing a thing called RPG Maker or Game Maker.. basically drag and dropping elements... I seriously dunno how they can do algorithims....

anyways.... go with something your BEST at not what you think will get the best marks cause chances ARE your gonna score more marks by doing a QUALITY project rather than a different project

tieki

Flash sounds good...bit easier than C++, at least :)

I agree completely. I'm doing a text-based poker game, and there's a LOT of work to go into it...hopefully it'll go ell though :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)