Major Projects For Wood? (1 Viewer)

IAIN2

HSC
im making a 8 ft by 4ft billiard table.:) :) :)

the other jobs in my class are :

- bar
- 2 entertainment units
- 2 dining room tables
- humadoor
- 4 poster bed
- poker table
- china display cabinet
- shoe box
- ying and yang coffie table
- coffie table

steelvan

HSC
I made a modern grandfather clock its just over 6ft tall

the other projects in my class are:
- coffee table x 4
- entertainment unit x 3
- chest of drawers x 2
- day bed
- double bed
- photo box
- buffet

i tried attaching a pic of my clock but it didnt work if anyone can help with attachments let us know, thanks

Dr_Doom

HSC
I do metal work and made a computer desk.. Below is a pic.

Other projects in my class are:

Extendable glass coffee table
Work Bench with vice
Brass Guitar
Hammock
Bunk bed
Spider like outdoor table
Treasure chest
Work bench with drawers

I'll take some pics on monday and add them here.

Last edited:

Chillaxe

HSC
I am making a corner set TV cabinet. well thats the oplan anyway. except now i want to make something else ... however i dont know if i will be able to find any kind of plans and intstructions on how to make it. its called a Cajon- its a tradition Peruvian percussion box. look them up on google. there pretty interesting and make some great sounds. does anyone know where i might be able to find sites on how to make musical/percussion instruments?

pokerhektic

HSC
would anyone be able to send me examples of there folio so i can get a look at different ones. thanks

rebelution

HSC
hey did anyone else get selected for IND TECH, to be displayed at the working with wood show this year??

christop thommo

HSC
wern't the projects supposed to be finished by 9:00 am on the 20th of august?
did the examiners come on that day?
or was yours due a different day?

MathsIsWeird

HSC
i had finished it by then and the examiners came to our school first again and by finished literally before they got through the door i meant putting all the parts together because it was in pieces

Last edited:

MathsIsWeird

HSC
oh and legally your not allowed to do anything except move your project from 17th on wards but you can guess that no body follows the rules in regards to this

studawe

HSC
MathsIsWeird said:
hey guys just wanted to know what you guys think this project will get it took me a while because of all the fiddly bits but i got it done a couple of seconds before the markers came through the door (literally) :rofl:
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/woodsmithstore/ws158-pokertable.jpg
i made that poker table this year ... spent US$20 on plans and 1500 on raw timber ... the plans were ok but i ended up changing alot of little things to make it easier for me ... it was very hard to get all the corners to line up perfectly... and i changed the timber to jarrah and camphor laurel.. instead of the oak which they wanted... the major floor i found in the the plans was that they assume for you to puchuase a pedestal ... i found it very hard to make the pedestal without plans... i finished it with tongue oil as it was quick and looked good ... these fotos dont really do it justice.... let me know what you think ?
post your major work photos ??

[URL="http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/4909/p8190111qj6.jpg"]http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/4909/p8190111qj6.jpg[/URL]

[URL="http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/5456/dsc00327gg8.jpg"]http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/5456/dsc00327gg8.jpg[/URL]

mannie06

HSC
yer icompleted a games table and stools and pieces last yr 2007 for ind tech.. was a small project but alot of work.
some people should try and do small projects. still get the good marks..i got 92. and was short listed for the project to go to syd in dat wood show at fox studios..

me121

Premium Member
HSC
mannie06 said:
yer icompleted a games table and stools and pieces last yr 2007 for ind tech.. was a small project but alot of work.
some people should try and do small projects. still get the good marks..i got 92. and was short listed for the project to go to syd in dat wood show at fox studios..
do you have a pic of it you can post up here? i would love to see it.

fadyh7

HSC

i did a Chess Table for my major, its due in 2 weeks still not finished need to paint, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)