major work checklist (1 Viewer)

gosh

most of our majorworks are probably nearing completion so i just want to make a checklist to make sure i havent missed anything.
For submission:
*300 word synopsis
*2500 word essay (around about 2500)
*Process log
*Annotated bibliography

am i missing anything?

X

xeuyrawp

half baked said:
most of our majorworks are probably nearing completion so i just want to make a checklist to make sure i havent missed anything.
For submission:
*300 word synopsis
*2500 word essay (around about 2500)
*Process log
*Annotated bibliography

am i missing anything?
- Get me and a few other people to read it :)
- Make sure your referencing is on par to what your school expects.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
don; tu have to do source analysis on 3 sources at the end as well? (500 words total)
i know we did

X

xeuyrawp

gordo said:
don; tu have to do source analysis on 3 sources at the end as well? (500 words total)
i know we did
My school did, but the school of my students don't require it... I think it's up to the schools themselves.

Mm_cookies

Banned
HSC
hasnt your teacher handed you out a sheet similar, where they remind you what you have to do!
our teacher gave us one every two weeks! they just went stright in the bin

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
my checklist

logbook
600 word evaluation of 3 sources
600 word synopsis
bibliography
2500 word essay

X

xeuyrawp

babee_blu_eyez said:
The syllabus isn't really that usefull. In terms of the components of the MW, it says

Internal assesment:
History Project made up of:
-Proposal,
-Synopsis,
-Essay,
-Bibliography,
-Process log
Although the BOS says that three sources should be looked at in the bibliography (an annotated biblio), the school can say "do more"...

It's up to the individual schools to make each of those 5 components as different as they want.

Last edited by a moderator:

gosh

thanks everyone.
and one more thing- how many entries do you have to do for your process log? havent started and am planning to make them all up in one sitting.

X

xeuyrawp

half baked said:
thanks everyone.
and one more thing- how many entries do you have to do for your process log? havent started and am planning to make them all up in one sitting.
You should have done 2-5 pages of actual writing + sticking things in per week.

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
half baked said:
thanks everyone.
This year for the first time our teacher actually gave us a prepared log book with weekly entries, and each weekly entry is subdivided into sections. She felt that in previous years the students spent too much time decorating and not enough time actually recording the progress of their research and project. The section are:

Current readings/viewing/researching/investigating/interviewing

Reflecting/review of progress/problems and solutions/new directions

Major decisions

Brief Critical Comment about a historian that weve been reading which includes strengths/weaknesses of historian's interpretation, our challenges to the text, the methodology of the text, accuracy and reliability of the text incl use of evidence

Now, we are expected to fill these in weekly, thus there are approx 45 pages. However, she said that she understands if we dont fill them all in. In addition we have to hand in a lever arch folder with photocopied sources, highlighted, with pages of our own notes to accompany each text.

So, that's what is expected of our logs books.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)