Major Work Help? (1 Viewer)

superberlicious

HSC
I have decided to do major work on the Black Panther Party for Self-Defence. I've chosen this primarily due to my interest in the Civil Rights Movement in the U.S. However I am having difficulties trying to pick a focus area on something regarding historiography rather than just the event. I would really, really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas or suggestions!

buriza

conviction
HSC
Perhaps assess whether historians perceive the impact of the Black Panther Party on the Civil Rights Movement during the
'70s and '80s as positive or negative. :)

superberlicious

HSC
I was thinking of maybe doing 'examine the differing historiography/opinions surrounding the Panther Party's involvement in the Rights Movement.'?

buriza

conviction
HSC
I was thinking of maybe doing 'examine the differing historiography/opinions surrounding the Panther Party's involvement in the Rights Movement.'?
Sounds good. Make sure you draw to an informed conclusion at the end though.

samanthaeardley

HSC
That's good because it's broad and leaves room for critical judgement! Very interesting topic choice, I wish id thought of that for mine!

jnovis

HSC
just wondering if you ended up doing you major work on the black panther party as i am interested in doing it for mine

jnovis

HSC
Yes, I did! What area are you interested in?
I am not entirely sure - do you have any suggestions?
Possible Hypothesis: Assess how the Black Panther Movement had a definite style and significant support yet achieved only a small measure of success in the struggle for Black Civil Rights

superberlicious

HSC
I am not entirely sure - do you have any suggestions?
Possible Hypothesis: Assess how the Black Panther Movement had a definite style and significant support yet achieved only a small measure of success in the struggle for Black Civil Rights
Your, hypothesis sounds really interesting. With it though, you might have to be careful (or alternatively include it) the 'definite style' you will have to examine, as they were portrayed quite critically in the media, and you may need to look into this, to make sure you are getting their 'movement style' and not the exaggerated one by the media, or examine if this one was in fact the correct one (this was actually my topic, so If you need help, just PM me!). The second part of your thesis is good, however you might come across academics/historians who beleive differently, and this is good! A historical debate within your essay is what you want, so differing points is what you want, just make sure you make your point clear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)