major work ideas, need help please (1 Viewer)

ganeden

HSC
for my major work i am thinking of concentrating on israel (ancient or modern not fussy) and i was wondering what questions people could come up with to help me for my topic. any help is appreciated thanks.
:wave:

ajk92

HSC
hhhmm

i reckon you could look at israels connection with the united states and how america is basically controlled by israel

itd be heaps hard to find info on it though, cos of no-one having the guts to write about the alliance in terms of what it entails

ganeden

HSC
hmm sounds interesting but i wouldnt know where to go with it really...
i was thinking maybe reasons for the arab-israeli conflict or 1967 war or maybe or the destruction of the first temple of jerusalem.. but im not too sure what question would be interesting to study and what would be a question with some subjectivity bias etc.. you know interesting

any help much appreciated thanks.:)

E

Empyrean444

Maybe: "what long term impacts have different historians prescribed for the Arab-Israeli conflict on the diplomatic sitatuion in the middle east."

ganeden

HSC
mmm, thats quite a good one, thanks. i was thinking maybe comparing timelines such as the arab- israeli relations during the 1967 war and now, or causes of the arab israeli conflict=a good one just dont know how to word that into a qustion and do a project on it :p

tinamatouk

HSC
What about researching Israel's breach of UN Human Rights Declarations with regards to the Palestinians? I'm sure there will be lots of evidence on that.

E

Empyrean444

Cause and effect (in relation to the Arab Israeli war in your instance) are always good, as historians must speculate a little bit to come up with answers. As such, we arrive at a wide range of different opinions from different historians. Either would be suitable. (In the question I would include the word "historians" (as in "what have different Historians...blahblahblah); or failing that something like "How have interpretations changed/how do interpretations differ"...).

That human rights one would also be good, as there is a lot of debate in the current situation about who is responsible for the deaths of innocent Palestinians.

RNX

HSC
It's good that you at least have a topic area. My advice would be to do some wide reading on your topic, find whats out there first before you narrow it down to an issue/question. Alternatively pick one of the ideas you and the others have mentioned and begin research. If you don't find much, try another. So far for me thats what Ext History has been all about... research research research. Just read as much as you can on your topic and log it in your journal. As you go you'll likely find something you can latch onto.

ixswans

HSC
I'm doing;

Assessment of the impact of the Lipstadt vs. Irving libel case on the way Holocaust Revisionism is perceived in the modern era.

Sounds good? I'm going to explore the rulings in the case and compare what was seen as a point of view not to be taken seriously in the Rassinier era (60's-70's) to a heavily discussed, mainstream issue following the libel case between the two authors.. gave it a very permanent "denial" tag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)