Major Work Journal (1 Viewer)

wallflower

HSC
This one girl at my school who has hair that touches her waist and plays the cello beautifully and wants to get into the Sydney Conservatorium of Music told me that I should try to fill out at least 3 pages of my journal per week. I don’t think I have done this so far. I was just wondering what you glue (sticky tape, if you’re like me) / write in your journals? I have little substance in my journal. Ramblings, mostly. Sequential thought, rarely. Mind maps, more for show than anything else. Photographs, to make it look less empty than it is.

P.S Sorry if there is already a thread dedicated to this.

HSC
i've filled out quite a lot of pages in my journal already...but this could be because i scrawl like no other...writing diagonally along the page and such...

I normally do the same as you...ramble incessently..write a idea down spontaniously and stick in a piece of information here and there...I don't really see the reflection journal as something for the markers..but for my own thought process...

heaven help whoever tries to decipher anything in my book...

HSC
N/A
Don't worry about quantity. It's meaningless - everyone needs a different amount/depth to research.

Anybody that's using a lot of detail in their story (especially if it's location, language or image-specific) will obviously be doing a lot of research. Someone that's doing more of a line-of-thought type story is likely to do less, you know? My advice is to focus less on 'how much' you should write each week, and 'what you should do' each week, whether it involves writing in your journal or not.

As for what was in my journal: Ramblings, copies of things that I liked, research, LOTS of drafts with handwritten notes around them.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
wallflower said:
This one girl at my school who has hair that touches her waist and plays the cello beautifully and wants to get into the Sydney Conservatorium of Music told me that I should try to fill out at least 3 pages of my journal per week. I don’t think I have done this so far. I was just wondering what you glue (sticky tape, if you’re like me) / write in your journals? I have little substance in my journal. Ramblings, mostly. Sequential thought, rarely. Mind maps, more for show than anything else. Photographs, to make it look less empty than it is.

P.S Sorry if there is already a thread dedicated to this.

hhaa, my dearest, what does the initial part have to do with anythign?
rambler indeed
:)
♥:)

Hallatia

HSC
I do an entry per week
and I am not happy if I have less then three pages in an entry

aparently there is like so many things that are supposed to be written in there, so talking about everything in relation to your work is expected

HSC
I'm pretty infrequent with my entries -- as in, I don't have a consistent plan or rate at which I make them. I write in my journal every time I think of something relevant to my concept or major work. I might think of something, see something on the street, or whatever. I end up writing in my journal quite a bit as a result of this.

My Ext 2 teacher said to write anything in the journal. Anything. It's a basis for which you prove your process for your Major Work. You record all your resources, your ideas, and yes, even your incoherent ramblings. It all counts.

Record Everything.

BayLee

HSC
Lets see, I normally jot points down after I've had my weekly meeting with my teacher so at least once a week. Each entry is about 2 or 3 pages - mainly incoherent things which are a stimulus for my thought processes, images and related texts etc. There is no set length for your Journal - it is not marked, simply a reference tool, to show your progress, investigation and to prove your concept is in fact YOUR own. Don't stress out about it. Some people claim they've already compiled multiple journals which is slightly unnecessary at this stage - even at all, depending on your MW. I've completed just over half of a normal visual arts diary if that helps?

jingelz

HSC
well i guess it depends on your topic. im doing india in 1947 so there is a lot of research involved. my journal is mostly filled with notes that are printed and photocopied. i also have extracts from my story as well as some hand written ideas on my work, progress and summary notes on some info.there is evenbook reveiws and extracts as well as movie reviews. i dunno it all depends on your topic.if ts something more contemporary you could perhaps ask people around for thoughts and the like.dunno if i helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)