Major Work Trouble (1 Viewer)

Tessa*55

HSC
Hey everyone
Just wondering if anyone could help me with my major work. Im expanding the story i had to do for the prelim extension 1 course which was putting the 'lydia elopement' from pride and prejudice into a different context.
I am really happy with the way it turned out, but i dont know how to go about expanding it. There, at present, 3 major characters. Do you think i need to add more? Also, is it imporant that i have two storylines. Like a major one and then another one that kind of overlaps.
Im not sure if this is making any sense, let me know what you think. Ive had so many people give me mixed advise, im a bit confused.

Thanks guys!

lotrhpfan

lurker
HSC
first of all, don't do things just because you think it should be done. do it because it fits your story or your purpose.
second, by expanding, do you mean you're trying to make up the word limit or you're actually trying to fatten up the plot?? coz if your just trying to make up words there are different things to do, but if you are trying to fatten up the plot, then a subplot would be a good start. depending on the tone, style and genre you are writing, you could put in some clues and plot twists to add more interest.
in my short story, i had a major plot line which followed my main character's personal situation, and made my subplot be the world situation - the political situation and the impact that had on their personal situation.
if you give me more detail, i can give you more detail XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)