• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

major work!! (1 Viewer)

cafrin

:confused: major work based on movement (currently)
im thinking of prints (ie. lino cos im good at it) but can anybody think of anything else i should do for it??
like photography would be reeally easy but anything else?
should i stick to one thing or have a collection of works (different medias)??
i hate making decisions (when you're being assessed on them) :confused:

Something Vague

well a good tip i was told was if you work through the subjective fram then you have room to change media.
if your working primarily through the structual then its easier to change your subjects
movement can be both but i guess you'd mean only physical movment like jumping running ect. photography is an alright idea...kinda boreing. no offence.
what about screen printing ? and working over with inks ?

cafrin

yass that's true with photography...

but screen printing thumbs up!! i dunno why i didn't think of it since i spent half last term mucking around in the art rooms helping my friend print on t shirts!! haha thanks HEeaps!

soso

HSC
N/A
Um what about making a list of words under the heading Movement and exploring them. They will all be linked. Eg twisting, stretching, hopping, running, flying or one of these can be a theme. Observe and document examples, Look at other artists work like the futurists,eg Balla explore how they documented movement also cubists such as continuous movement through space, nude descending stairs etc etc

Choctop

Actually photography isn't as easy as you may think. Lots of time and energy goes in to planning a photograph, and if you don't put that all in, then you've got a crap set of photos. I used to think that it was a cinch, but then I started planning my BOW (which incorporates photography) and I know from prelim artworks that it's difficult to get the perfect photograph.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)