Major Work? (1 Viewer)

NajaKaja

HSC
I've heard a lot of stories about Visual Art students having no lives and just doing their major work, not their other subjects. I doubt this is entirely true but are people saying this because there are quite a few Visual Art students leaving their major work till the last minute or not having any idea of what to do? I'm just not sure whether I should pick Ancient History or VA :S At first I took Ancient just so I could drop it in Term 4 but now I'm having second thoughts.

madharris

HSC
N/A
If you consistently work on your major work throughout the year (especially at the beginning), you won't need to worry about it too much.
I have a few friends who do VA and most of them find the time to work on their other subjects and do well in them.
They enjoyed working on their major works. Me and my other friends would hand out with them after school while they did their major works (multitasking :) )

If you really enjoy VA then i suggest that you do it, as it is enjoying doing work for it as opposed with having the attitude that you're having with ancient (drop it in term 4).
You have an art work (or a few of them) in prelims as well, if the work load is too much then you can always drop it in year 12

uhoohoo

HSC
that is true, VA was pretty much my life in the few weeks leading up to submission date.
ALTHOUGH if you're smart and don't leave it until the end, then yeah I highly recommend picking it if you like the subject because it's great fun!

NajaKaja

HSC
Okay, I think I'll stay with VA then. I'm also doubtful about the organisation of the school in terms of teachers. 4 out of my 6 subjects I've had a different teacher come halfway through the course, including art. I had about 2 teacher changes in that subject XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)