Majors/Units of Study (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
If I choose to do International and Global Studies/Law, am I limited to completing only one major and a couple of electives with the second degree?

Last edited:

spence

HSC
I'm pretty sure you get 16 subjects for your combined degree, so that gives 4 core + 8 for a major and another 4 electives

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
If I choose to do International and Global Studies/Law, am I limited to completing only one major and a couple of electives with the second degree?
Double degrees are usually structured so that you can complete at least one major in each of the double degree. You can't technically graduate in certain degrees unless you have at least one major.

The only thing to keep in mind is that Law degrees don't have a major because you will be required to study a broad range of legal areas to be admitted as a lawyer later. You will have space to do electives in your law degree in which you can choose to do more advanced topics if you wish.

spence

HSC
If you're set on 2 majors, you'll pretty much either need to do the straight degree then grad law, or in arts/law you may be able to organise 2 majors if you plan really well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)