majorwork structure (1 Viewer)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
My teacher is still on long service and our class has had to study history ext by ourselves :(
I've done all my research and written half of my draft but I just wanted to know what kind of structure is the majorwork essay meant to follow.

taki999

HSC
You poor thing...:). You have checked out the resources topucs for ext his havent you??

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
I've checked the resource page but they haven't included their marks so I don't know which ones are the good essays. Is there a particular structure we have to follow? Do we incorporate our study of historians such as von Ranke into our majorwork?

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
you can use any historian and source, including ones you have studied in class, if they apply to your topic

veridis

droog
HSC
there isnt really one set structure that makes a good Hist Ext essay, it really depends on your question and approach.
as for historians dont include von Ranke just for the hell of it but if he says something meaningful on your topic then go ahead. its all about using historians to shape and validate your argument.
if you want to check who did well there's probably a showcase thread from the end of last year with people discussing marks

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
hey, mines on this page and i got 100% for it and i based my structure of one which won state awards

try and get your hands on that booklet of teh award winning ones cos it gives you and idea

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Where can I get the booklet? What is it called and is it avaliable for sale or do I have to ask the history staff for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)