• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Make the Ultimate Party Music List (2 Viewers)

that bloke

HSC
Hot tip would be to sift through all the Triple J Hottest 100 discs, particularly those before about volume 12. So many forgotten gems hidden away that you would never think of. eg.

James - Laid
At the Drive-In - Pattern Against User
Faith no More - Epic
New Order - Crystal
Ace of Base - All That she Wants.... its a dose of cheese, but its original cheese
Blur - Song 2
Beastie Boys - Intergalactic
Josh Abrams - Addicted to Bass (anyone notice this song distinctly lacks bass??)
The Dandy Warhols - anything

Regurgitator- anything off UNIT. its like cut copy and all those other poxy limp-wristed 80s synth throwbacks. except without the limp wrists. and they were doing it 11 years ago.

and play some Red Hot Chili fucking Peppers!- Higher ground/around the world/suck my kiss/can't stop/party on your pussy/ohhh wow alllllll of them
The Rapture. if you want some dope funk rock to bust a move to.
Calvin harris- Merrymaking at my Place. really very appropriate no??
The Music - The People.. super uplifting party shit. this that song, that you know, but wouldn't have a clue who it is or who it's by.
Muse - Supermassive Black Hole.. this song is sexy.
Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter/ paint it black
Sublime - Doin' Time
Led Zeppelin- Whole Lotta Love / ramble on
LCD Soundsystem- Daft Punk is Playing at my House.. they wont be. but it would be nice.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
aussie hip hop has come a fair way and should really get a spin too. Hilltops Nosebleed still has such an excellent vibe too.
ohh and the Presets first album Beams is definately more bangin' for a party than apocalypso.
Katalyst- Drop that Beat
K-os- Sunday Morning
Pez- The Festival Song.. this song is too true
Jay-Z. 99 Problems. good shit.
The Knife- Like a Pen. although thats probs a bit obscure.

** ohh edit. Flight of the Conchords- Business Time... do it. funny. yes. do it.
- Bowie

bleh there are too many good beats. just dont play ABBA. that shit is fucked up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)