making friends at a new school (1 Viewer)

cookiesandcreme

HSC
hey so I'm going to be starting year 11 at a new school this year and I was wondering if anyone had any advice in terms of making friends when everyone else already has their own friendship group(s) bc yes I am insecure like that lol. thanks!

oiifcded

HSC
Depends what kind of school
Yep, it really does. I moved schools in year 11 and it was a living hell. Everyone was super competitive, and they all already had their own friend groups so i never ended up making any actual friends, I still talk to the ones from my old school because no one here talks to me. Cant wait to get out of this shithole.

cookiesandcreme

HSC
Yep, it really does. I moved schools in year 11 and it was a living hell. Everyone was super competitive, and they all already had their own friend groups so i never ended up making any actual friends, I still talk to the ones from my old school because no one here talks to me. Cant wait to get out of this shithole.
did you move to a public or private school?

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
It would be easier to make friends if the school accepts a generous number of transfers e.g 15 since most of new kids are in the same boat and just bunch up together which births new friend groups.

Is there some kind of orientation for those who are moving to the school? I reckon that would be your best shot at getting to know people, exchange socials etc so that on the first day you can perhaps locate each other¿

YonOra

HSC
Idk theres no formula to it. Just kinda happens (most of the time).

idkkdi

HSC
hey so I'm going to be starting year 11 at a new school this year and I was wondering if anyone had any advice in terms of making friends when everyone else already has their own friendship group(s) bc yes I am insecure like that lol. thanks!
come rank 1 3u maths.

cookiesandcreme

HSC
It would be easier to make friends if the school accepts a generous number of transfers e.g 15 since most of new kids are in the same boat and just bunch up together which births new friend groups.

Is there some kind of orientation for those who are moving to the school? I reckon that would be your best shot at getting to know people, exchange socials etc so that on the first day you can perhaps locate each other¿
I'm not sure how many new students my school accepts but yeah there is an orientation the day before school starts - I forgot about that. thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)