Making Notes (1 Viewer)

PinkLink

HSC
So i do the 5 asain subjects (phys, chem, 4u, 3u, english adv) and legal for fun and I dont make notes for any subjects except english. literally everyone else seems to be making notes for phys and chem but i just dont see the need for them because as soon as i learn the content i go straight into practice questions and hone down on them. Is this bad?? idk its worked for me so far but i dunno.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Studying doesn't have a one fits all approach in terms of what leads to good marks and what doesn't. This is because it depends on a large amount of factors like memory capacity of the student, their ability in the subject, studying amount, does the student study efficiently etc.

If the method you are using is working for you and you are happy with your results then you shouldn't change it based on what other people are doing. For example, some people like using flash cards, others prefer to write notes by hand, others type notes and some people like yourself don't write them and just go straight to questions.

A lot of students focus too much on trying to determine the "best way to study". The more important thing is not what method you are using to study but rather that you are actually studying and using that time efficiently

Saint Dev

HSC
I think practice questions are nearly always a better alternative to notes (for the subjects you are doing outside of English) but I think they are still helpful to have with you, especially for any rubbish explain questions in physics. I can't really speak for 4unit math, as I'm the midst of completing it, but for 3unit I didn't even bother with reviewing my notes. The complexity of the content for 3unit is manageable and grinding chapter review and past papers is the key to success.

As someone mentioned above, it really does depend on you and your strengths as to the best method of revision. Your method of doing practice questions and not bothering with notes is fine if you manage to keep revision up on a regular basis and have a great memory, however, you'll find it hard to maintain this consistency considering the difficulty of your other subjects.

HSC
If you were to spend 4 hours of writing notes, this would be the equivalent of one hour of study using exam questions and writing answers. I usually recommend preparing some answers to common questions. These can be your "study notes" which will actually help you in the exams.
Regards,
Edzion Education.

chloescott

HSC
hey guys i was wondering how many words is appropriate fro bio notes, I currently have 13k iwas wondering if that's excessive for one module and how much you'd recommend?

ALOZZZ

HSC
hey guys i was wondering how many words is appropriate fro bio notes, I currently have 13k iwas wondering if that's excessive for one module and how much you'd recommend?
My teacher told me that she had 24 pages worth of notes for each module, and she did really well. But then its quality over quantity

ducklife

HSC
Blog with lots of information. Visiting your blog helped me get what I was looking for.

ducklife

HSC
Great post! This is a great blog that I will definitely come back to more times this year! Thanks for the article.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)