making speeches rock! (1 Viewer)

Someguy123

hey i am doing a speech on challenges ( like many others i know)
anyway the topic is "The way in which we respond to a challenge is dictated by our ideals, backgrounds, emotions and relationships. "

we arent supposed to use realted material and the whole thing is boring! the class is going to get way sick of hearing like 50 speeches on the one thing

does anyone have any ideas as to how to jazz up a boring speech?
or does any one know of any cool quotes/says on challenges and adveristy

any suggestions will be appreciated greatly ( i dont wanna send my class to sleep!!!!)

thanks

someguy123 aka matt

Sabbo

HSC
I always say "Good morning and thank you for coming" (along those lines).

Always good for a few laughs :) (that's if you're doing it in class)

Mizuki

HSC
N/A
an idea - give your class a general challenge and sort of predict what kind of response most of them would give and analyse that according to their "ideals, backgrounds, emotions and relationships", that is if you can.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Go for a few amusing anecdotes and start off with one too if you want. Nothing better than hearing gossip about someone's love life.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i had a speech today..

i wrote it last night over 2/3 hrs and i have no idea

i always get nervous doing a speech because ur doing a speech on something that has already been prepared (done on paper)- and u have to follow the script.

but i had funny pictures of general MacArthur standing next to a really short japenese politician- lol..........

Alex_H86

CEO of BoS...
HSC
I normally start off with a famous quote....that most ppl should know...it sounds cheesy, but it generally works. especially if you dramatise it....'I HAVE A DREAM TODAY!!' etc etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)