Making Your Own Business (1 Viewer)

masteraal

I wanna make my own business after the HSC...all i wanted to find out is, is there a site that has all the shit u need to do for owning ur own business?

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
go find the site on getting an ABN.. maybe that one has some stuff on it

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
You can register a business name for around $70 as well.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Masteraal,
You wont need a wad of cash to get your business up.
As i said, ~70 to rego a name that is with you for life. :)

And what type of business ? Service or reselling goods ?

I'm currently looking at starting business to start atm,
importing (i'd prefer exporting due to government subsidies).

GL in ur business ;)

stace212

Honestly, I'd love to own a business, but have NO idea how to get started. I mean I know how to run it once its started, sorta, (retail cert II helps a bit in understanding) but getting it all set up and that... might b better off getting a loan and buying a franchise, that way its set up and u have the name and rep, then after making money on that for a couple of yrs and learning more bout business, then open ur own. Thats my idea anyways.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I already have a business with 2 other partners but yeah really depends...

I have a bit of money if anyone wants to start a partnership...it's always good to have partners...then you don't have as much to worry about...

waterfowl

HSC
Grizzly said:
As i said, ~70 to rego a name that is with you for life. :)
No it's not, the business name has to be renewed every two or three years (not sure on exact time frame) and it is only effective in the state you apply for it. If you want to trade nationally you have to register it in every state, and keep renewing it. And also having a registered business name doesn't stop someone coming along and using that name also, thats where you need a trademark.

There are thousands of sites on the net that can help. Just search for them, most of them are government ones.
But remember...failing to plan is planning to fail! Don't ever go into business without having a clear plan of what you want to do, where you want to go, and how you're going to get there.

It's also very useful to talk to someone who has experience, and doing some courses doesn't hurt either. I went to a course last year called YoungPathfinders and it really helped.

masteraal

sick...thanks for all ur feedback...im going into a watch business...buying from UK and reselling it to watch shops around the area....

Ill need some money coz these watches range from 40-150 pounds and retail for 150-920 pounds....which is damn expsenive....so hopefully i make a killing if i charge the right price :)

masteraal

haha obviously u lied about ur age like I did :p
u need to be 18 to register :p

Ebay is the bomb...i think im going to start up on there too

kelboo

HSC
masteraal said:
haha obviously u lied about ur age like I did :p
u need to be 18 to register :p
No you actually don't - i was a registered partner of 2 businesses, and they said that there is no current age limit for registering or being partner of a business.
I was 17 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)