man vs wild (1 Viewer)

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
whats your proof?
even if it is fake, still a cool show.
there was some expose thing on it (pretend there was a dash over that e) a while back. plus come on it cant be the only tv show with ONE camera man and thats all...

HSC
omg you guys

there is like 10 crewmen with him they all stay in hotels
yeah he's ex-SAS but its not real

sorry to burst your bubble gosh
lol, he's not even ex-sas. senior sas officers deny the claim he was once a member.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
my mum watches it and she calls him beer grylls and i lol

HSC
It's funny how in the credits, it credits somebody other than bear as 'survival expert'. I can't remember the name. I think there are different survival experts for each episode.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
sorry just pretend its real ok

he's like the wild thornberries! (if you remember that show at all)

Chrissiieee

HSC
i remember reading that he was in the 21st SAS
the reserve unit of the SAS or somin

idk where i read it form though =/

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
i remember reading that he was in the 21st SAS
the reserve unit of the SAS or somin

idk where i read it form though =/
Military reserve service

After leaving school, Grylls considered joining the Indian Army[14] and spent a few months hiking in the Himalayan mountains of Sikkim and West Bengal, Assam. From 1994 to 1997, after passing United Kingdom Special Forces Selection, he served in the part-time United Kingdom Special Forces Reserve, with 21 Regiment Special Air Service, 21 SAS(R), as a trooper, survival instructor and Patrol Medic.[15] He claims that he served in North Africa twice.[12] In 1996, he suffered a freefall parachuting accident in Kenya. His canopy ripped at 1,600 feet (500 m), partially opening, causing him to fall and land on his parachute pack on his back, which partially crushed three vertebrae.[16] Grylls later said: "I should have cut the main parachute and gone to the reserve but thought there was time to resolve the problem".[17] According to his surgeon, Grylls came "within a whisker" of being paralysed for life and at first it was questionable whether he would ever walk again. Grylls spent the next 18 months in and out of military rehabilitation at Headley Court[17] before being discharged and directing his efforts into trying to get well enough to fulfil his childhood dream of climbing Mount Everest.
In 2004, Grylls was awarded the honorary rank of Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Naval Reserve.[18]
ye wiki says it
but idk
can the internets be trusted?

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
yes wiki is god :(

BUT OK ITS STILL A HOAX

badquinton304

HSC
omg you guys

there is like 10 crewmen with him they all stay in hotels
yeah he's ex-SAS but its not real

sorry to burst your bubble gosh
Yeah, I know he said on letterman that he usually stays in a lodge he doesn't spend the night in a hut made of twigs.

"The sahara desert is going to be one of my toughest assignments yet"
"Im off to the himalayas on what looks to be my toughest assignment to date"
"The amazon is one of the worlds most fierce environments, I am going to need all of my survival skills on my toughest assignment yet"
"There was a couple of ____, about _ years ago, who were venturing out here in the _____, on a _____ trip. They got stuck in _____, a rescue team found them ____ ____ later but were too late."
"If you can manage to climb up this ____, you can get a decent meal out of ____, the _____ part of it is toxic and inedible, but you can eat the ____ ____, it tastes terrible, but it is packed with protien and will give you enough energy to survive for another _ days."
*eats own shit, piss and cum*

Thats pretty much the whole show.

HSC
Yeah, I know he said on letterman that he usually stays in a lodge he doesn't spend the night in a hut made of twigs.

"The sahara desert is going to be one of my toughest assignments yet"
"Im off to the himalayas on what looks to be my toughest assignment to date"
"The amazon is one of the worlds most fierce environments, I am going to need all of my survival skills on my toughest assignment yet"
"There was a couple of ____, about _ years ago, who were venturing out here in the _____, on a _____ trip. They got stuck in _____, a rescue team found them ____ ____ later but were too late."
"If you can manage to climb up this ____, you can get a decent meal out of ____, the _____ part of it is toxic and inedible, but you can eat the ____ ____, it tastes terrible, but it is packed with protien and will give you enough energy to survive for another _ days."
*eats own shit, piss and cum*

Thats pretty much the whole show.
hahahahahahaha, that's hilarious.

kfnmpah

HSC
he gets paid som'm like 45000 pounds per episode plus royalties.

Yeah, they don't actually plonk him in the desert and say 'you're on your own'
but when he does stuff like jump in quick sand and jump in frozen ponds, he's actually doing it to show us how to get out.
Personally, i think that's quite impressive, even if he doesn't completely survive on his own.

gerrardlfc

HSC
his cameraman is more skilled than he is. they are making a show about him next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)