mandatory sentencing (1 Viewer)

kelllly

HSC
All mandatory sentencing legislation was repealed in October 2001 (after a change in government). Has it been reintroduced?

absorber

HSC
All mandatory sentencing legislation was repealed in October 2001 (after a change in government). Has it been reintroduced?
I'm sure it still exists, or has existed at least until very recently, in the Northern Territory

HSC
I'm sure it still exists, or has existed at least until very recently, in the Northern Territory
Would you be able to source whether it still exists? As far as I'm aware it was first modified to prevent juveniles (under eighteens) being treated under it and was then completely repealed and has remained so. Even though mandatory detention for refugees is still taking place for now I don't believe Mandatory Sentencing still occurs except of course where it reflects societal standards in regards to violent crime, etc. This is as close as I can get to such a clarification: http://www.nt.gov.au/justice/policy...ndatory_sentencing_nt_experience_20031201.pdf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)