Mangrove Excursion (1 Viewer)

Twickel

HSC
Have any of you ever been to the Olypmic Park Bicentennial Park Field Studies Centre?

DAMN it looks likes it gonna be raining this wednesday, how the hell are we meant to take notes when its raining?

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
There are some places in there where you can sit and take notes conveniently! Don't worry about how you can take notes, worry about how you can go around and do experiments!

I remember we had to measure light intensity, noise, pH, turbidity, humidity, etc. Then you need to observe and find any examples of certain relationships between animals there like alleopathy or commensalism, etc. I was told there were foxes there as well. Damn, it's just phony, I suppose.

Anyway, have funs. Be careful with the spiders Golden Orbs and Silver Drops. They are everywhere! Take care of your face. If you're too tall, good luck!

uberturtle

HSC
Fuck the spiders man bring aeroguard.

you're gonna get raped by mossies, trust me!

btw the experiments are relatively simple and it should be in groups anyway unless you dont have many ppl doing bio

Twickel

HSC
So errr, we are always on the board right we never are actually on the muddy stuff? Is the board flat?

Twickel

HSC
But errr do you stay on the board the whole time and just follow a set route on the board?

Twickel

HSC
Yep its raining this Wednesday. PLEASE STAY ON BOARDS ONLY PLEASE DONT GET OFF THE BOARD AND GET DIRTY. NOTHING SLIPERY I HOPE.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
You say as if you are about to go camping in Amazon or something. lolz. Don't be too stressed out or worry unduly. Everything will be just fine. Anyway, when are supposed to do the random quadrat thingo, make sure you don't throw the square too far. I had to really get off the board to get one! Yuck!

Twickel

HSC
Phew so we stay on the board the whole time, alot of groupwork involved?

Twickel

HSC
Thanks
Do you ever actually walk on/through the muddy stuff?

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Good question to sustain the gossip. Well, a few times I suppose. Like playing in the sand playground after a heavy rain or running on the fields in the countryside (for growing water rices) or the most recent time was when I went camping in some recreation centre about 1 hour away from Sydney. We had to drag our boats out of the muds and you know how muddy the damp rive banks are! I didn't lose my shoes but my friends lost like two pairs in two days. lolz.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Sorry...Then maybe. We have to estimate the heights of the tree to estimate some sort of cross section or st in which you have to draw a graph representing the distribution of certain types of plants. Since it's raining tomorrow, the site can get very very muddy and nasty. Good luck!

Twickel

HSC
So errrr I guess im gonna get really muddy and make myself look like an ass, because I have crap balance, its pretty even thoguh justt think mud right and when we do get off the board are there steps that take you down or do you just jump down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)