• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Manly RTA driving test (1 Viewer)

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
Hi
I couldn't find much on the DART test at Manly so I was wondering if anyone has done it there. I heard from my dad theres a lot of hills in Manly and I'm going for test in manual, but does anyone know whether the test goes through all those hills or a relatively straight route?

CieL

HSC
The DART test has no one specific route.

I never had an instructor and I what I did was just get my mum [no L plates] to tag along people who were doing the DART.
Each time we followed someone [we followed 3] they went somewhere different.. We never tagged along the full way.. just like 2mins to get the general direction
And when I did my DART I ended up in some suburb I've never been before [because I didnt do my DART in my home area]

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
Oh Ic but I'm just a bit sus about the manly one because nobody has posted anything about it here and when i was booking EVERYWHERE else was booked out except manly, so I though there might be something wrong with it ><

iEdd

HSC
They usually have 5-15 test routes per town/suburb, but as CieL said, it varies. They don't do the set course 100% turn for turn, so I doubt any two tests are the same. As long as you are comfortable driving in the general area, and can do the manoeuvres, you are right.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
aero135 said:
Oh Ic but I'm just a bit sus about the manly one because nobody has posted anything about it here and when i was booking EVERYWHERE else was booked out except manly, so I though there might be something wrong with it ><
so wait you're doing the test at manly because it's the only one available, not because you live there, am i right? i'd probably go for a test drive around the area first if that's the case so there's no surprises.

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
Yeah thats exactly the reason i booked my test too late i didn't realise they were changing the tests on 3rd of december and when i called up and asked then i was looking for somewhere to book. everywhere was booked out but i found manly still had spaces so i booked there. I had a drive around the area so hopefully I will do ok i'm having my test on friday. getting pretty nervous about the test now lol

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
ima book mine here also, everywhere else booked out. how was it?

bally24

HSC
i did my test at manly at the start of this year and passed. i didnt know the area very well but it isn't too bad. there's a two lane roundabout very close to the rta and they always take you through it, so make sure you practice there beforehand. theres some schools nearby so watch out for the 40 speed limit and i got taken through a quiet residential area with heaps of stop signs and one at the top of a hill so watch out for them. also if you park in the rta carpark, theres a stop sign as you leave it to turn onto the main road so make sure you stop there otherwise you'll fail before you've even left. there are a few steep hills and they make you do a hill start but nothing to worry about really. umm when i did mine i got a lady rta test person and she told me off at the end for going too slowly - i think i did 50 along a 60 road - which was a bit weird but if you get her then don't drive slow haha. my friend got the guy instructor and he told her she was going too fast around corners. thats all i can remember right now, hope it helps!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
bally24 said:
iumm when i did mine i got a lady rta test person and she told me off at the end for going too slowly - i think i did 50 along a 60 road - which was a bit weird but if you get her then don't drive slow haha.
There is such a thing as going to slow and impeding traffic flow. Of course that depends on the conditions. :)

- L1n -

HSC
aero135 said:
Hi
I couldn't find much on the DART test at Manly so I was wondering if anyone has done it there. I heard from my dad theres a lot of hills in Manly and I'm going for test in manual, but does anyone know whether the test goes through all those hills or a relatively straight route?
I did mine at Manly, and to tell u the truth it's overrated, JUST KEEP UR SPEED 5km below the limit always. Make sure if u go on the beach like me slow the heck down, it depends on who u get. I got a big dude and he took me to the manly beach route.

It dosne't matter where u go, same principle applies slow down, watch scan mirrors every 3 seconds(kinda bs, but do it) and take it slow, don't rush things.

Manly always has spaces becos they have highest fail rate, so people avoid it becos they get scared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)