Uni Grad
i think its only if you've been educationally disadvantaged

let me get the walking Wikipedia @jimmysmith560
Yep, the information stated above is correct ✅

UNSW's Gateway Admission Pathway states:

1. Check if you’re eligible

You are eligible if you are in Year 12 and receiving an ATAR and either:

• Attending a Gateway school or
  • are identified by UAC as eligible for the Educational Access Scheme based on SEIFA consideration.

DarkOperator618

HSC

• are identified by UAC as eligible for the Educational Access Scheme based on SEIFA consideration.
i love how u changed your pfp to the Wikipedia logo hahahahah

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad

Is it actually early entrance tho? Or is it just a reduction in atar requirements for courses at UNSW?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
So according to our resident expert @jimmysmith560 what are my chances?
Quite high I'd say :D

Is it actually early entrance tho? Or is it just a reduction in atar requirements for courses at UNSW?
If your application is successful, you will receive an early conditional offer with an ATAR entry requirement up to 15 points lower than advertised for your chosen degree, meaning you still need to ensure you achieve the new ATAR required under the conditional offer.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Quite high I'd say :D

If your application is successful, you will receive an early conditional offer with an ATAR entry requirement up to 15 points lower than advertised for your chosen degree, meaning you still need to ensure you achieve the new ATAR required under the conditional offer.
Ohh. Is the lowered entry requirement the same as the one shown on their website for the courses? For example https://www.unsw.edu.au/study/undergraduate/bachelor-of-engineering-honours-civil-architecture

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Ohh. Is the lowered entry requirement the same as the one shown on their website for the courses? For example https://www.unsw.edu.au/study/undergraduate/bachelor-of-engineering-honours-civil-architecture
If you are referring to the 2021 Lowest ATAR, then yes this person has most likely received an offer for this degree under UNSW's Gateway Admission Pathway.

@jimmysmith560 on the topic of early offers I see that you are a current student at UWS. I've been recently made an early offer for Law at WSU via the HSC true rewards. What are your views of law at uws?
Congratulations on your offer! I personally think that WSU law is gradually improving. The quality of law students the university currently has is quite impressive (meeting law students with 6.3+ GPA's who consistently receive Distinctions and High Distinctions is really nice). However, I think that Go8 universities like USyd and UNSW still have the edge with respect to law in particular. With that being said, WSU is putting in the effort to change that, and they might have a good chance of having a truly competitive law school in the future, because improvement is present. :)

specificagent1

HSC
Congratulations on your offer! I personally think that WSU law is gradually improving. The quality of law students the university currently has is quite impressive (meeting law students with 6.3+ GPA's who consistently receive Distinctions and High Distinctions is really nice). However, I think that Go8 universities like USyd and UNSW still have the edge with respect to law in particular. With that being said, WSU is putting in the effort to change that, and they might have a good chance of having a truly competitive law school in the future, because improvement is present. :)
Would this translate to any tangible impacts in real life apart from people wanting to go to more 'prestigious' unis?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Would this translate to any tangible impacts in real life apart from people wanting to go to more 'prestigious' unis?
As far as I know, yes, that may be the case, unless of course you are a high-achieving student with a great GPA such as the one I mentioned above. In such a case, the "prestige" associated with the university will become irrelevant and you will be a competitive candidate when looking for a job.

The law industry is perceived as quite competitive, and there seems to be a tendency to give law graduates from USyd and UNSW the edge based on the reputation of the law schools of those universities. That said, it is important to recognise that there are people like Deng Adut (co-founder of the Australian Criminal Law Group) who graduated from WSU.

sab13562

HSC
Anyone know what time early offers are released?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)