Mark difference and ranking (1 Viewer)

itachi-kun

HSC
For the past few days i have been quite upset about of my ranking.. which had effected my studies... for my subjects i have been beaten in most of them by .1 .2 .3 and as far as 3 marks.

What i want to know is which is more important the ranks or the differences in marks

I have been shifted down to 8th place due to the fact that the other 3 people above me only managed to score 1 mark above me, one was .2 the other was .7 and the last guy was 1 mark ahead.. 1.1 of a mark was a difference of 3 ranks.. which made me really upset.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I ranked 2nd in business and the girl beat me by about 0.7%...I was a bit upset, since I came first in everything accept a task worth 15%-she came first...

You just have to get over it. Think about how you will kick their ass in the hsc

itachi-kun

HSC
I know i will beat them in the external.. the only reason they beat me was because of the assignments they did was better.. but their exam was poor.

But because they are getting low in their exam it will affect me overall as ill get their mark for the moderation

sinist4

HSC
hey man ... theres really no point in talking about it... the onli thingu can do now is study and rip the external exam. :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
itachi-kun said:
What i want to know is which is more important the ranks or the differences in marks
In this case, the ranks aren't as important because your marks are so close together with several others. This therefore means your performance in the HSC will even more greatly affect your overall ranking and could mean that you can more easily achieve the highest raw mark in your school, so work hard these last few weeks! :)
Note that this situation is assuming that you've been fairly consistent with your ranks and staying near the higher ranked students in your school.

dom001

HSC
N/A
Its a myth that ranks are most important.

The moderation procedure isnt as simple as allocating the best internal mark to the first internal, the second to the second, and so on. The differences in marks are considered.

The only thing that ranking dictates is the final order of the internal assessments. Even then, if you're only 0.1% behind someone, you will probably end up with the same mark. You just cant get a better mark than this person.

If you're only 1% behind someone at the moment, your internal mark wont be more than about 2% behind them after moderation. Having said that, if most of the people in the cluster underperform, and no other members of your class recieve marks to compensate this, all of you may be moderated downwards. But, being that 1% better wouldn't have impacted this anyway.

All you can do now is do your best in the exams - these are worth 50%. Even if your internal gets moderated down slightly, a good exam will compensate this.

itachi-kun

HSC
Ok thanks guys.. that what i wanted to hear and now im motivated :)

Cheers

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
only difference in ranks matter. Contrary to what other people believe, they think they final ranks are more important so they go through alot of trouble to scam extra marks during assessments.
so all i can say is dont worry about it ;). a difference of 0.7 is nothing.

itachi-kun

HSC
If i get 80 for my final aligned mark say for chemistry but the 3 people above me got 60 how much does this affect me.. also remembering that the mark difference was very small.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)