Mark Gaps (1 Viewer)

Jojofelyx

HSC
I know for english advanced im precisely 2 marks behind 1st place (and lets just asumme this to be true for the marks submitted to nesa), does this mean, even if i kinda flunk out (lets say l ike 5 marks behind 1st externally), my internal moderated should still rest ≈2 behind 1st right?!?!?

Ie internals: 1st=96 me= 94
External 1st=96. me=91
moderated 1st=96 me≈93/94

hsc mark: 1st=96 me= 92/93

(cuz i really fkn hope thats the case lol, think i smashed the paper 1 essay, but flunked unseen so bad that even fkn rick astley would give up on me :\ )

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your Assessment Mark will be determined using the second-highest Examination Mark, irrespective of the student who achieves it. Since this is not the first/last ranks, the Assessment Mark will not be adjusted to equal the Examination Mark. However, it will likely be very similar to its equivalent Examination Mark, meaning that your suggestion is definitely possible, provided the student who achieves the second highest Examination Mark performs at the standard that you are expecting (assuming that student is not yourself).

I hope this helps! 😄

Jojofelyx

HSC
Your Assessment Mark will be determined using the second-highest Examination Mark, irrespective of the student who achieves it. Since this is not the first/last ranks, the Assessment Mark will not be adjusted to equal the Examination Mark. However, it will likely be very similar to its equivalent Examination Mark, meaning that your suggestion is definitely possible, provided the student who achieves the second highest Examination Mark performs at the standard that you are expecting (assuming that student is not yourself).

I hope this helps! 😄
Oh F. So much for "keeping the gaps the same" 😩
#ripatar
#ripuni

quickoats

HSC
They do try to maintain the relative spaces between students (not sure exactly how they do it).

EDIT*** If you are second place and get the second highest external HSC mark, that becomes your internal mark pretty sure. Things get a little bit more complicated when they swap ranks and do a shuffle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)