• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mark my words (1 Viewer)

Fizzeh

Party Liason
HSC
As of right now everyone's general estimate is that i'm gonna average around what, 70-80 on my UAI. Now, i need a high 80's low 90's kind of mark to do what i want to.

Fake id's + young fella = a year of pain. It looks as though now is my time to get over this and dedicate myself to studies. What im asking is for a little bit of advice as to how i should go about setting up a study pattern for myself, while minimising stress and actually enjoying at least part of my studies.

So i ask, what to you is a realistic study schedule? (per night) and, just so you know, weekends are forbidden to studies. It just wont happen.

So i implore you, any advice?

blueyez

HSC
i try to revise work ive done that day at school, just to read over it and make sure some of it stays in my mind.

im not one of those really organised people with study timetables. ive tried them and they didnt work for me.

the way i enjoy my studies is going over to friends houses on the pretence of studying, even if we get some work done its not a total waste.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Fizzeh said:
So i ask, what to you is a realistic study schedule? (per night) and, just so you know, weekends are forbidden to studies. It just wont happen.
Every single weekend? If you're so eager to show people up, then you've gotta be somewhat dedicated to what you're doing.

blueyez said:
im not one of those really organised people with study timetables. ive tried them and they didnt work for me.
Bleh. Study timetables suck.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Fizzeh said:
As of right now everyone's general estimate is that i'm gonna average around what, 70-80 on my UAI. Now, i need a high 80's low 90's kind of mark to do what i want to.

Fake id's + young fella = a year of pain. It looks as though now is my time to get over this and dedicate myself to studies. What im asking is for a little bit of advice as to how i should go about setting up a study pattern for myself, while minimising stress and actually enjoying at least part of my studies.

study pattern's work differently for different people as some might find it harder to concentrate at night while others find it the quite opposite. but what i suggest is that you at least do 3-4 hours of solid work a day preferably earlier in the day with little breaks in between, so that you can take the rest of the day off to do whatever you want. if you find it hard to do it on a regular basis then i suggest you meet up with one of your friends (not a group as you wont get a lot done ! ) and go to either state libarey or one of the uni libareys for a solid study session. a great way to minimise stress esp if you got your half-yearlies at the end of term1 is to start studying now and accelerate the topics that you are going to learn as you find you find that you have less pressure when it gets nearer to the exam. well that's what im planning to do. good luck with everything !

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
That is probably why everyone is estimating 70-80 for you. If you want top results, you have to put the time in. They won't just happen for you. They don't just happen for anybody. To get 80-90s, you need to use your weekends, put in at least 1 hour of study a day, with 2-4 being about what most people need. Different people study in different ways, and by now you should know how you work best, whether it's in shorter bursts or longer periods. If you do put in the time, there's no limit to how well you can do.

I_F

P

pLuvia

Well we can't make a study pattern because everyone studies different. Also
weekends are forbidden to studies
that's just stupid, your weekend isn't only to play and enjoy, you should use it at least catch up or revise a bit of the work done in the week

Also study effectively quality over quantity, you can study 6 hours and get nothing done or study 2 hours and get the same work done.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Use your time wisely, and you will be greatly rewarded. Believe in yourself, be positive in everything, take breaks from study, sport or excercise is great for getting away from the stress that you might be feeling already at this time of the year.

Good luck and all the best to you. ;)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A

Advice Oui?

Well, uh, after each day of school I go home and try to remember if I learnt anything.
Summarising each topic is good too...
I keep reading over stuff until its in my brain

Avoid MSN during the week...or just use it after u've finished everything.

If you have set texts to read, read them as soon as you get them. Seems as though you have a hammock, do more than just schleeping... :)
Now i want a hammock, damn you.

This year i've set friday nights are my partying nights so I have the rest of the weekend to do whatever: chores, driving, study, assessments, eating, recover from absurd amounts of alcohol...

Weekends are vital mate, you need to do SOMETHING study/school related on them...

You have art as a subject I have noticed! YAY! If you want help with any theory just ask me or etc.etc.etc (she's excellent) in the visual arts forums. With the practical side of art, DO NOT cram it. I repeat this. Gradually build it up, if you have free periods, definately try and work on bits.

That probably didnt help, oh my ramblings..but hey, its stuff...

xx

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yep, consistent work is the key. Organise your notes every time you receive them, because otherwise you'll end up with a mountain of paper on your desk and never find what you want just when you need it, i.e. before trials and externals. Luckily, I kept typing summaries up and doing maths exercises straightaway at the end of every day, so I put them in a nice big folder to encourage myself and praise myself for having done *so* much work, and from there I could revise with relative ease.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
wow! another "weekend-forbidden" mate! *high five!*

~_~...

i shouldnt give out advice, coz i do not study.haha
but i am all ears. need some advices personalli

finding study patterns useless... =\

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Study-plans work for no-one.

Use your school-diary wisely. Write down your homework tasks instead of shoving them to the back of your mind. Check it daily and make sure you complete everything assigned to you.

Organise yourself well. Use a folder with sections, categorise your notes and don't let a single page fly around between pages of your notebooks, or crumble at the bottom of your bag. If you can't be bothered with the holepunching and stapling at school, organise them every afternoon at home. If your notes are unorganised and scruffy, you won't want to read them.

Weekends are not for studying? Get that ridiculous thought out of your head.

Study ahead of your class, and start assessments the day you get them. Once you make a start, it's a lot easier to continue.

Dragie

HSC
Mate, your gonna have to dedicate at least some of your weekends to study time. So what's gonna happen the day before the actual exams if it's a sunday? But I'm still with ya with the whole try not to study for the whole weekend thing - I need 'ME-TIME' :D
But remember to do at least A LITTLE BIT on weekends - even 2-3 hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)