marketing/accounting is that just wrong? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i have a grudge against people who do accounting because it offers many job opportunities.
Why risk being boring and hating your course?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
natstar said:
Not everyone doing accounting hates it
yes....that's why i said i have a grudge against people who do accounting because it offers many job opportunities, even though they find it boring.
I never said everyone hates it.

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
just a update, ive sorta narrowed down my options by ruling out acct and managements majors. so yeh im probably gonna double major in finance and marketing.
thanx so far for every1's opinion, and what kind of jobs or opportunities would i expect from a finance/marketing double major

stazi

Nightman
HSC
slinky said:
just a update, ive sorta narrowed down my options by ruling out acct and managements majors. so yeh im probably gonna double major in finance and marketing.
thanx so far for every1's opinion, and what kind of jobs or opportunities would i expect from a finance/marketing double major
well with the finance aspect, you could work within the finance industry. With the marketing part, you could work in marketing.

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
well with the finance aspect, you could work within the finance industry. With the marketing part, you could work in marketing.
lol....i kinda figured that, but what i meant was a career/industry that would incorporate both majors

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
slinky said:
What turned you off accounting? If its the maths, i believe that Finance maths is harder

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
Korn said:
What turned you off accounting? If its the maths, i believe that Finance maths is harder
nah it wasnt the maths, it was just fact that i dont see myself writing up financial statements for the rest of my life, it would get kind of boring after a couple of years

and yeh, what kind of maths is involved in finance, i only did 2u in the HSC (droped out of 3u thats why), would that be enough????

maddison10

HSC
N/A
slinky said:
nah it wasnt the maths, it was just fact that i dont see myself writing up financial statements for the rest of my life, it would get kind of boring after a couple of years

and yeh, what kind of maths is involved in finance, i only did 2u in the HSC (droped out of 3u thats why), would that be enough????
finance maths is a hell of alot harder than accounting maths. 1st year finance ( at UNSW anyway) is quite complicated 2u maths is fine but just be prepared to be doing alot of work.

basically if u do accounting and finance which is what most people do choose to major in, then u will be doing alot of maths things, but accounting in general requires no further maths skill than adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing, other than memorising a formula, u would deal with number alot but not hard maths

Debutante

HSC
N/A
Finance/Marketing double major

Finance and Marketing is a kick-ass double major combo. I wish I had done it myself (Did Economics with major in Marketing, which has still worked out well). There are so many job opportunities in financial services marketing, it is a huge growth area worldwide and they are always looking for people at all levels to be finance marketers. BTW Accounting and Marketing would probably also get you into these sorts of jobs.

Another area you might want to consider is finance + marketing with a concentration in e-marketing. Financial services is one of the highest user industries of online marketing services. If you can show a potential employer you have some finance skills as well as e-marketing, you will be high in demand, especially in Sydney.

Good luck with your choices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)