marketing plan Help!!! (1 Viewer)

chinkyeye

HSC
hey wen uwrite a marketing plan.. in the "establishing marketing objectives" stage.... wen u tlak about da objectives right.... i knoe u should talk about internal/external objectives, but ym teacher said shit about "SMART"...SPECIFIC, measurable, acheieveable, realistic and timed..... how do u talka bout them by using a case study... i'm using billabong's case study thing.. and how should i relate "SMART" to tha objectives....

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
SMART objective example:

Attain a 10% Market Share in the personal media player market (specific, measurable) by 2006 (timed).

Assume the current situation is 8% in 2005 (therefore achievable and realistic)

For billabong, I havent had a read of the case study itself but search for marketing objectives that specifically defines an aspired position. As an example for billabong (this is false figures, as I said I havent had a read)....

Establish 4 decentralised international subsidiaries throughout the Eastern European Region by 2007.

Jexi

HSC
something like:

Specific: when expanding (assuming its a globalisation question) it is vital that management at Billabong creates specific and detailed marketing objectives...blahblahblah.

Measurable: say something like they need to have 'measures 'set in place so that they can effectively benchmark their performance.

Achievable: yea well self expainatory, don't make goals like 'want to take over the world in a year'

Ect ect. You don't always have to actually give out their objectives but its good to (if you know them), if you don't just blabber on about what they should do -then it shows you understand the course work :)

Owyn

HSC
that would be fun if we had to write a marketting plan.... if that where the case, and it was in lets say section II, would we write an executive summary? and if the marketting plan was in section III but wasnt the only part of the report, would it have its own executive summary?

chinkyeye

HSC
Owyn said:
that would be fun if we had to write a marketting plan.... if that where the case, and it was in lets say section II, would we write an executive summary? and if the marketting plan was in section III but wasnt the only part of the report, would it have its own executive summary?
wait..wtf r u on about isn't an "executive summary" in a marketing plan?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
natstar said:
If you were to write a marketing plan it has to include all the elements- inc an executive summary
An executive summary is not one of the elements of a marketing plan though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)