marketing @ TAFE (1 Viewer)

x Linda x

what can i expect from marketing @ TAFE? I am about to begin soon.....is there anything advertising related??? cos that was what i am really interested in, but the courses r offered too far away frm me so i'm doing marketing instead. :confused:

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
my brother did marketing at tafe... where are u plannin to go ?

at blacktown he says they are really good because the teachers are really good and he says it was a really easy course to do if u put some effort into it. with some effort u will get a credit avg at the least

:)

x Linda x

:wave: I'm enrolled at Liverpool TAFE. What type of things did ur brother cover in his course? any advertising??? & also what are we expected to bring/ have with us @ class...as u can probably tell i've never been to TAFE before n am a bit lost :shy:

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
well i asked my brother and he said that marketing and advertising are similar give or take 2 subjects that the marketing course does not cover.

u can expect a lot of practical work.... a lot of group work... and a heavy reliance on the library text books :p
it is essential for subjects like strategic marketing

oh and try really hard and pay attention to a subject called Business to Business marketing as my brother said 75% of the people in his class failed that subject

hope this helped u :)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hehe i would have been doing that at the same place too.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
x Linda x said:
what can i expect from marketing @ TAFE? I am about to begin soon.....is there anything advertising related??? cos that was what i am really interested in, but the courses r offered too far away frm me so i'm doing marketing instead. :confused:
since you mentioned distance as being an issue, you could try doing advertising via OTEN..?? that's what i'm doing... i live about 10-12hrs (by car) from the nearest place that advertising is offered... but it only goes up to cert IV level for distance, you'd have to go to sydney to get dip/adv dip.... what level course are you looking at?

it's pretty hard to get motivated tho (for OTEN), expecially since the first general subjects are sort-of boring (i'm currently enrolled in Identifying business skills, Marketing mix, Intro to E-business marketing, Intro to Tourism marketing and Implementing Customer Service Strategies. Some parts are interesting and pretty helpful. So far my advertising course has been mainly marketing-related, but that will change as i've only just started.

Advertising and Marketing are pretty similar, so you'd find some stuff advertising- related in your course.... but of course the cert. in advertising would be more relevant to you... try OTEN (you can enrol with them anytime), maybe you can co-enrol with TAFE and OTEN, doing the marketing modules at your local tafe and doing the advertising modules via distance ed... or you could do two courses (marketing and advertising) at once and get credit where modules overlap?? (don't know if that's possible tho)

good luck :)

Last edited:

x Linda x

Thanks...

Hey thanks for all the helpful advice Chookyn.
Day1 of TAFE went ok, didn't know any1 there so breaks & lunch was boring as!!! & tiring. It went from 9am->6pm!! :( n that's gonna be EACH damn monday lol. Well i guess i will eventually get used to it [wishful thinking lol]
so far we did many marketing modules which followed the advertising aspect too, which is pretty good. I already have abusiness letter due next week & have no idea what to do [i don't understand what tpe of business letter???] it can be for a product launch etc...but then we also have a 15min oral presentation which links to it...don't ask me how though....anyone got any ideas or did this in a previous course??? your help, hell any help would be muchly appreciated!!

Thanks again everyone :)

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
i did marketing and advertising at tafe last yr. north syd.

now im doin advertising at macleay college its so much better :p

good luck pplz!

funniboi

HSC
I was gonna do marketing at liverpool tafe, but then ultimo rang me up a while after and i transferd to there,

who konws, i coulda been in your class x linda x =S

hehehehe

we can still be friends tho :)

[edit; you can post ur pic if you linda , i won't mind at all =]

[edit#2; wanna trade notes?, add me to msn yo]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)