Marketing (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
The Thinker said:
yeh i have no idea why they moved bachelor of economic and social sciences from the commerce faculty to the arts.....i guess because of the social sciences bit......i'm sure i can do marketing cos its in my handbook and in the web that my degree allows for it....the good thing about my degree is its pretty flexible with your subject choices. I really hope employers don't look for accounting 1A and accounting 1B in marketing cos i went through accounting 1A in first semester and don't wanna re-live it again lol
1B is more useful than 1A for marketing. Some employers will actually look for it in the later stages. Nearly all brand managers will tell you that first year accounting is important.

If you lived through 1A, 1B will be much easier

The Thinker

"I can't get no sleep"
HSC
Well, in semester 1 i "Discontinued Not fail" accounting 1A.........if possible don't wanna go there again......i'll see what happens, if need be and employers look for accounting i guess i'll have to do it when the time arises

Milla212

HSC
I just finished the marketing research course.

It's only superficially numerical, if you know what I mean. Its not extremely easy, but there's only a couple of things you need to remember and you're fine. There is only one lot of ACTUAL maths you have to do in the whole course, and it involves an easy y = mx + b equation you can easily memorize. (About regression).

It's more about interpreting tables of numerical data - which you require no previous knowledge for as they explain it ALL in the course. It might seem confusing at first but believe me, you get the hang of it after an entire semester going over and over the same thing.

If you are considering a marketing major, don't be put off by this course at all. I am generally not numerically minded but I have a current High Distinction average in it. (Waiting on final exam mark).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)