Marketing (1 Viewer)

michael1990

HSC
stazi said:
Did he complete university? What degree did he study, and which majors did he take?

and this is a great avenue

This is not:

Not sure.
Will find out.

But Greater Union is a great career option.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
who earns $150K working at greater union? You'd need to be very high up, and working at the national head office, I would think

michael1990

HSC
stazi said:
who earns $150K working at greater union? You'd need to be very high up, and working at the national head office, I would think
My Business Manager.

I know the Area Manager is on something like $200 000. I am not sure about the regional or NSW manager though.

All Business Managers are paid different. Individual contracts based on experience and job performance.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
michael1990 said:
My Business Manager.

I know the Area Manager is on something like $200 000. I am not sure about the regional or NSW manager though.

All Business Managers are paid different. Individual contracts based on experience and job performance.
how exactly do you look up the salaries of all those people? I really find those figures hard to believe, given that even GMs of Microsoft and similar companies wouldn't be on that salary in Australia

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
As a pricing manager for GE my dad makes a bit more than that. You're a douche if you think you can pull that off at a franchise.

HSC
michael1990 said:
My Business Manager.

those are pretty big no's how high up in the scale is the area manager from the top brazz. Also the 65k is very very high for a franchise regarding your Manager/mate who's 24. If there's no bs or you aren't misinformed that's some serious dough Greater is paying which I would never have seen coming.

michael1990

HSC
stazi said:
how exactly do you look up the salaries of all those people? I really find those figures hard to believe, given that even GMs of Microsoft and similar companies wouldn't be on that salary in Australia
I have access to that sort of information. And our Area Manager used to be our Business Manager. (I asked, he told)

Different companies pay different amounts. I know Hoyts isn't supposed to pay very well.

michael1990

HSC
stazi said:
also aren't cinema revenues steadily declining?
No.
Well most locations aren't. (the ones i can access their finiancials).
I suppose we have been lucky with the quality of movies.

michael1990

HSC
Azamakumar said:
As a pricing manager for GE my dad makes a bit more than that. You're a douche if you think you can pull that off at a franchise.
GE?

Its not a franchise. Its more like the Francise System that Harvey Norman uses.

michael1990

HSC
ifsonotso_100 said:
those are pretty big no's how high up in the scale is the area manager from the top brazz. Also the 65k is very very high for a franchise regarding your Manager/mate who's 24. If there's no bs or you aren't misinformed that's some serious dough Greater is paying which I would never have seen coming.
The chain of command is.

Duty Managers, Assistant Managers, Business Managers,(moving into Head office) Area Manager, Regional Manager, NSW manager then i am not sure. It goes a little hazy for me.

I am getting just above $16/h and i am 17.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
michael1990 said:
GE?

Its not a franchise. Its more like the Francise System that Harvey Norman uses.
A franchise nonetheless.

And iirc GE was the largest company in the world.

EDIT: Currently 3rd largest.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
michael1990 said:
I have access to that sort of information. And our Area Manager used to be our Business Manager. (I asked, he told)

Different companies pay different amounts. I know Hoyts isn't supposed to pay very well.
as a low-level staff member how do you have access to the payroll details of people who aren't even directly employed by your branch?

How many area managers are there Australia-wide?

I'm guessing revenues are declining due to piracy. Same reason video store revenues have been steadily declining.

michael1990

HSC
stazi said:
as a low-level staff member how do you have access to the payroll details of people who aren't even directly employed by your branch?

How many area managers are there Australia-wide?

I'm guessing revenues are declining due to piracy. Same reason video store revenues have been steadily declining.
Since the opening of our new locations (and revamps) we haven't been as hardly hit, but i am pressuming that the older locations are.

I mean we are spending over 10million dollars implementing a new ticketing system.

I have my own login on the intranet and because i applied for whats called the "trainee management program" which gives me security and i will be a Business Manager within a certain period( although i didn't get it as he said i was too young, (the only reason) he said he is looking forward to seeing me next year))

Not sure how many Area managers Australia Wide. But it would also include Birch Carol and Coyal which are owned by GU.

michael1990

HSC
Azamakumar said:
A franchise nonetheless.

And iirc GE was the largest company in the world.

EDIT: Currently 3rd largest.
Whats it stand for?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I would assume that there are maybe 20 area managers in each state. Probably about 100 nation-wide. Do you really think that $20 million would go towards just those guys, when your parent company only took in about $45 mil in profit last year from all the cinemas they own.

Furthermore, the company's highest-paid non-executive Director earns less than $200,000 you fool (197,000)! Why would an area manager get more than a director??? It's also extremely unlikely that those trainee login details give you access to everyone's salaries. Salaries are kept private in companies: if they were widely known to everyone including management trainees, then there'd be bitch fights over salaries, and HR would have too many conflicts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)