Marking and weighting (1 Viewer)

Hi there444

HSC
So guys when you do practice essays? How do u mark them?

And also how do the modules and the creative and reading in hsc weigh? Which one weighs more and which one less?
Will rep if u want.

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Lol this is terrible but I never actually practice writing essays to different questions. I feel like it takes up too much time. So instead I look at past questions and brainstorm a list of things I would talk about (what the topic sentences would be, fancy words I'd use, thesaurus etc etc)

My mentality is that, it's not like chem when you can rote something andit will guarantee you 100%. English is retarded that way and I'm like why should I waste time doing an essay that's gonna get 15/20 every time.

I don't think there's any weightage thing coz you get raw mark/105 x 100 = raw percentage ---> hsc mark

But of course different modules align differently I think coz some texts are harder/easier eg a lower mark in Shakespeare (12/20) may be equal to the a higher mark in strictly ballrrooom. (17/20)

As for marking the essays, sadly there's no one who can give us a potential equivalent hsc mark :(

Overall, screw hsc English!

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
So guys when you do practice essays? How do u mark them?

And also how do the modules and the creative and reading in hsc weigh? Which one weighs more and which one less?
Will rep if u want.
rarely did practice essays; memorised the ones I used for trials

paper 1 = 40%
paper 2 = 60%

looking forward to the rep

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
rarely did practice essays; memorised the ones I used for trials

paper 1 = 40%
paper 2 = 60%

looking forward to the rep
Hahahaha responding for rep? I c

This is what comes up for me like every day lol You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)