• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Marking in exams

Niksta123

HSC
I was just wondering how much of what you write on the HSC exam paper is marked...

You have the lines that are given to you...but what if you need more space...if you write below the lines given to you will you lose marks? or will the examiners mark what you have written??

This whole year - my bio teacher has told our class to ask for another examination paper if we run out of room on the first paper...

I also do pdhpe, ipt, general maths, business studies & eng adv...

Can someone please tell me - if I write underneath the provided space will i be marked down??

Has anyone else been told to ask for a 2nd exam paper?

thanks

LatK7

HSC
My business teacher, who is an HSC marker says they read everything written, and will award marks if it's relevent, even if its all over the place (back of booklet, corner of page, etc)

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
and if you do write on the back of a page make sure it is with another section, beacuse with the short answers each questino number is separated so dont rite the answer for eg q15 on the back of q14 (just as a precaution)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I am an HSC marker for Modern History.

We mark everything that is written but... unless you really are in a rush take a new booklet. It is easier for us to mark.

Do NOT write on the back of pages as they can be overlooked and/or go through the page making it hard to read.

The easier you make it for the marker to read your work the better it is.

In subjects like Modern markers are marking at the rate of about 12 essays an hour so we only have an average of 5 minutes per essay. That is why I suggest taking an extra book and making it easier for us.

If you do put something in the wrong book it is picked up and marked properly as well - the first marker will find it and bring it to the attention of their Senior Marker who will then get it organised with the Senior Clerical Staff on the subject (well that is what happens in MH and I have no reason to believe that anything else would happen in other sujects).

fishy89sg

HSC
Without Wings said:
You can ask for another book. Just ensure you accurately mark on the book which question you are using it for etc.
can u ask for another book for short answer questions (like section 2 of business)

Niksta123

HSC
In Biology this year - my teacher has said that in the bio exam we can write in dot points...

Is this alright for bio??

What about the other subjects like ipt, pdhpe & business??

(I mean for the short answer questions...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)