Marks/grades etc. (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hey, I have strong suspicion I'll fail one of my assignments so I was wondering - does it matter how much I fail it by? For instance will it affect my final mark for the subject if its a crappy fail vs. a barely fail for this assignment? Or does it just count as 'fail'?

HSC
N/A
hmmm. I think it depends on your uni and subject. In several of my units if i fail one assessment i fail the entire unit!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
kami said:
Hey, I have strong suspicion I'll fail one of my assignments so I was wondering - does it matter how much I fail it by? For instance will it affect my final mark for the subject if its a crappy fail vs. a barely fail for this assignment? Or does it just count as 'fail'?
if you fail one assignment, and you don't have to pass every assessment, then you'll be fine. You need to get above 50 to pass, otherwise a fail is pretty much a fail (same GPA/WAM weighing apparently)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yup, pretty much what Stas said! Have a look at your subject outline and see what it's worth and whether or not you need to pass that assessment.

So-net

HSC
回覆: Re: Marks/grades etc.

stazi said:
if you fail one assignment, and you don't have to pass every assessment, then you'll be fine. You need to get above 50 to pass, otherwise a fail is pretty much a fail (same GPA/WAM weighing apparently)
I think some of the subjects require students "must" pass the final exam .......or not you will be grade a F(X)

http://www.gsu.uts.edu.au/rules/s3.html

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Thanks for answering everyone - I pretty much got the final verdict back meaning I basically have to HD every other assessment for the subject to pass.:( Though apparently more than half the students are in the same boat...

X

xeuyrawp

kami said:
Thanks for answering everyone - I pretty much got the final verdict back meaning I basically have to HD every other assessment for the subject to pass.:( Though apparently more than half the students are in the same boat...
You realise that in some subjects, there's a huge discrepancy between raw and scaled marks?

I've never been in a class that had it (usually humanities at Macquarie have a good raw mark bellcurve), but my brother was in a class only where 2/200+ students passed for a 60% assignment. He wasn't one of them, but still managed to get a credit.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
kami said:
nah that has to be bs dude. i think they're just trying to scare you. it was only worth like 20 or 30%.
booooo cie :) come to sukasukadick's class!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)