Marks of those around you (1 Viewer)

Shoesta

HSC
Hello,

How much will the marks of the people around me affect my ATAR? I have 2 incredibly smart friends, each heading for about a 98. But, as for the rest of the cohort, pretty average. I was just wondering how much my ATAR will be dragged down by those around me?

Thanks, Shoesta.

D94

HSC
N/A
Your ATAR doesn't get dragged down by anyone. It's a rank that reflects your position in the state.

UAC takes in two marks from BOSTES - raw HSC exam mark and raw moderated assessment mark.

Your raw HSC exam mark is your own performance in the HSC exam - completely under your control.

Your raw moderated assessment mark is a mark that reflects your performance in school - which is also completely under your control.

Whatever the school mark gets adjusted to is dependent on the HSC exam, which does depend on your peers also doing well, but you are part of that group as well. If you can all do your best in the exam, all the marks will fall into place and it will be the fairest outcome.

Control what you can control - your own school performance and your own HSC exam performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)