Marks Recovery (1 Viewer)

HSC
ok heres the situation. just today iv gone and checked out my english marks. i thought i had been averaging around 70-75 but im actually averaging around 65 (placing me at around 20th/60)! i have my trials still to come (worth 25%) and im feeling alright about them. but what im wondering is, assuming i cant lift my marks much higher and i get stuck around 65, how high can i lift it in the HSC exams?

iv also heard (and interpreted the board of studies site) as saying that only the first and last ranks are fixed. is this true? would this mean that if i blitzed the hsc exams id be able to pull up and into the top 10% again?

me121

Premium Member
HSC
cardinalsfan70 said:
ok heres the situation. just today iv gone and checked out my english marks. i thought i had been averaging around 70-75 but im actually averaging around 65 (placing me at around 20th/60)! i have my trials still to come (worth 25%) and im feeling alright about them. but what im wondering is, assuming i cant lift my marks much higher and i get stuck around 65, how high can i lift it in the HSC exams?

iv also heard (and interpreted the board of studies site) as saying that only the first and last ranks are fixed. is this true? would this mean that if i blitzed the hsc exams id be able to pull up and into the top 10% again?
Q1. It depends on how well the people in your year at you school doing english go in the english hsc exam. reason explained in q2.

Q2. what they mean is that, whatever the top mark in the hsc exam is, will be the assessment mark of the top ranking internal assessment student. so in this sense it is fixed. then they find the average hsc exam mark, and change the internal assessment marks in a way so that the top internal assessment mark is equal to the top hsc exam mark, and also that the mean internal assessment mark is equal to the mean hsc exam mark.

HSC
so if i get a better than average exam mark my assessment mark will be brought up a bit?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
cardinalsfan70 said:
so if i get a better than average exam mark my assessment mark will be brought up a bit?
I'm assuming when you are talking about bringing your assesment mark up a bit you are talking about your rank. Because your assesment mark does not matter, only your rank does.

It should, but it depends on the spread of the marks in your year. For example, if the gap between you and the person above you is 10 points (highly unlikely) chances are you wont be able to improve your rank, but if there is only a small gap (1 or 2 percent) between you and the people above you, you will be able to improve your rank by a few places if you do better than average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)