Marks (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Is it just me, or is getting good marks in uni very very difficult.

For example, i just got an assignment back, i followed every instruction on the assignment sheet, however, i only got a P+.

So far, all i have got is P.

I guess its better than failing. But how hard do I actually have to work to get higher marks???

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
if u follow everything the uni teaches and read all the lecture notes.. u will only pass., or if u did a better job you may get credit.
but if you realli wanna get the distinctions you gotta do more work than just the stuff dey teach u at uni.. u gotta work alot harder and spend more time on the subject.. which is quite impossible with a full time load

btw i believe your course is called B Applied Science (Environmental Management and Tourism)
and not that thing on your signature..

peace^^

klh

HSC
it depends on the assingment.
sometimes when they ask you to anylyse something and though you thought you did a good analysis, the lecturer don't.
its the grade/quality of the work not only just following insrtuctions

its not like high school where even if we describe something for an assignment that we will still geet a better mark. we have tom give our own opinion as well.

santaslayer

HSC
meh......im getting a wide variety of marks.....

for example in one subject i hot a HD and in another one i got a P...ppfttttt

TheKey

HSC
im getting the feeling that its easy to get good marks in labs and these little things, but its gonna be hell when it comes to final exams...So far all the labs im getting >85%, but looking at past exams i doubt id get more than a pass.

santaslayer

HSC
thats why we should be killing the relatively easier quiz's etc which are worth 5-10%.....gives u room to stuff up in the big exams!

TheKey

HSC
yeh but then u still cant exacly 'stuff up' apparently even if u get 100% in all the quizes and stuff like that, if u get under 50% in the final exam u still fail. The lecturer told us that few poeple failed last year with an overall mark in the 50's%

suz

HSC
like santa my marks range from a P to a HD, it's so annoying (getting P's)

TheKey

HSC
well what he said was to pass a subject you must have

1. 50% or more in final exam AND
2. 50% or more overall for that subject

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i did nothing at all first semester and got a gpa of 6. 2nd sem i worked and i dropped down to 5.1 becuase i only got P's.

From this and my previous studies i deduced that if i dont work i get great marks and visa versa.

stressed monkie

im a random
hey cape ur doing nearly all my classes i wonder....
was that the intergrated approaches to sustainability? well if it was i got a credit on that and like most of my friends got credits or credit+ although one of them got HD

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Originally posted by stressed monkie
hey cape ur doing nearly all my classes i wonder....
was that the intergrated approaches to sustainability? well if it was i got a credit on that and like most of my friends got credits or credit+ although one of them got HD
Nope, i haven't got my sustainability one back yet. The P+ was for the minnamurra assignment due before we went on camp. I had Poll mark it ... thats why i got a crap mark!!!

Anyway, I am getting C's now which is much better, i am happy now :)

stressed monkie

im a random
oh wait thats right cape i dont have the sustainability one back yet i meant the minnamura one, im not expecting to do well on the sustainability one cause i have corazon and she really hates me lolz

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Just found out my minnamurra presentation, C+, which i am happy about ... cause we really started the day before it was due.
The first minnamurra one i got a p+ for.

Anyway, I got corazon as well ... she expects me to answer everything in class, which can get so annoying at times.

stressed monkie

im a random
i just checked my minnamurra thing and like we got a Distinction which was really unexpected cause we werent that organised and the morning of the presentation i was the only one with a script and i had lost it.

yeh corazons a *beep* last week when we presented our thingys she like tore into my groups presentation like she was a bloody hungry animal and everyone was like she really hates you guys so im thinking i might not be able to transfer if she gives me crappy marks anywayz we will see what happens

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
We just started the minnamurra thing the day before it was due. What was ur topic??? Mine was the preschool one.

She liked our presentation the other day ... cause we had actually interviewed someone already and we were a mile ahead of the other groups. But she was still trying to find something wrong with it. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)