Martial art (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I did Tae-Kwon-Do for a while.

It was bull-shit.

I prefer martial art styles that focus on realism, practicality anmd usefulness. eg the one that Bruce Lee invented and the variants used in military training.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
I do karate for fun but since i only train about once a week im not really that good at it :(

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
There's a couple of really cool ones a mate of mine did, one focuses on stick fighting and by extension the ability to turn any inanimate object 6 inches or longer into a weapon.

The other a filipino style the killer move being a downward kick breaking shoulder bones and ribs. Apparently a top guy from this style started fighting in the t kickboxing championships. Winning by KO usually under 5 seconds.

jam3s

Radiation Therapist
On soccer fields, In KFC, At uni, At clubs, and in
HSC
N/A
addymac said:
There's a couple of really cool ones a mate of mine did, one focuses on stick fighting and by extension the ability to turn any inanimate object 6 inches or longer into a weapon.

The other a filipino style the killer move being a downward kick breaking shoulder bones and ribs. Apparently a top guy from this style started fighting in the t kickboxing championships. Winning by KO usually under 5 seconds.
ahh my master does that move, first u need to be able to do a split, and thats the hard part, once u can do that move is very easy the only down side to that move is its very slow

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
lol, i did hap-ki-do for two whole sessions, it was fun and it
made me fit and flexible, but i was sort-of unco, and also was afraid of getting kicked in the face by accident! Plus the meditation part at the end weirded me out, so i gave it up pretty quickly :s

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Anyone interested in practicality should check out Tai-Jitsu (sp?). I don't do it, but have witnessed it being taught and have friends that do. Barely any high kicks, mostly about maiming and killing ASAP. Some schools of it teach almost exclusively groundwork, the logic being that after the first 5 seconds fights end up on the ground if there are no rules, at which point groundwork wins fights.

Very interesting stuff, pretty lethal stuff too. Kinda like Paul from Tekken, not fancy, but it looks (and feels) painful.

jam3s

Radiation Therapist
On soccer fields, In KFC, At uni, At clubs, and in
HSC
N/A
hey i ve read this some where from last weeks paper talking about this master dude who does TAI JITSU and it says he made this style, and he has black belts in 7 or 8 styles, am i talknig about ur firends master?

Bone577

HSC
N/A
jam3s said:
hey i ve read this some where from last weeks paper talking about this master dude who does TAI JITSU and it says he made this style, and he has black belts in 7 or 8 styles, am i talknig about ur firends master?
Can't be sure. Tai Jitsu is commonly modified to fit certain purposes. Like arena fighting, street fighting, groundwork etc So it is hard to say, in a way almost all of them have their own flavour of Tai Jitsu.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I've done Hapkido and Wing Chun kung fu.. I wanna take up kickboxing too soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)