Martin Luther Help! (1 Viewer)

teegsb

HSC
"Evaluate the contribution and impact of one significant person or school of thought on the development and expression of Christianity."

How long should this be??

-pari-

HSC
N/A
that is a tad vague hun.

that question could be anything from a paragraph to a book long

what do you have to do? is it an essay question? or are you writing up your notes?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
teegsb said:
"Evaluate the contribution and impact of one significant person or school of thought on the development and expression of Christianity."

How long should this be??
Evaluate tends to be a little more than a few lines. It does depend on the weighting (if an eassy/assignment)

Based on the sample HSC paper for 2007, it would be either a 3 or 6 mark (working from memory here) and it goes in the provided answer book-> 1/4 page to 3/4 page (3 or 6 marks)

But as Pari said....a vague question!!

*edit* damn typos

scrixer

HSC
N/A
Having looked at the sample HSC paper for 2007, it would be either a 6 mark or a 20 mark.

I suspect it would more likely be a 20 mark, since it is "evaluate" and it asks about BOTH "contribution" and impact".

My opinion:
If it is 6 marks, write 1-2 pages (250-1000 words).
If if is 20 marks, write 2-4 pages (500-2000 words)

Mr. G. Mitchell
Pacific Hills Christian School
Studies of Religion Coordinator

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Ahhh...a fellow HOD!!

Welcome Mr G Mitchell

re lengths.
Its hard to gauge.

If you look at the sample paper, the 6 mark questions are written in a supplied answer book which give you approx. 1/2 page to write your response in (so I would disagree with the 1-2 pages recommendation given above)

As for the extended answers, *IF* (and I now you shouldnt) base it on past standards packages, better band 6 responses for 20 marks are at *LEAST* 4 pages (one answer booklet) to two answer booklets (8 pages approx)

HTH

I cant believe I messed up in my post above and forgot about the 20 marker section!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)